AppShopper equivelent

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by pavarotti2007, Mar 5, 2013.

1. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Hi

Is there an equivelent to app shopper for Android?

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    There are a few but none work very well. AppSales is probably the best but doesn't seem to pick up everything. And AppZapp is horrible right now. Seems like it's in beta with a lot of listings showing a price change from like $99.00 to $.99 as in it being corrected in the app.

That and Google Play's horrendous design (even the search and this is Google!), are my biggest pet peeves about Android. Hard to find what you're looking for, no easy way to find new releases and the lack of a good price tracker.

3. josue85

josue85 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 28, 2013
    Agreed. You would think google would be able to deliver data in an easier fashion, but app discovery is terrible on Google Play. I depend on sites like Droidgamer, forums and Twitter to find good games and sales.

4. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Thanks for the replies. It was for my niece on her Nexus but think it is best if I just find stuff for her instead. I'll just use AppShopper on my iPad then let her know if they've gone free on Google.

Thanks again

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Unfortunately, except for maybe the big holiday sales, I don't think there's much if any relationship between iOS sales and those on Android.

In fact, I'm told there isn't as many sales period on Android. And one reason may be that there isn't something as good as AppShopper and announcements on Android sites to make a sale worthwhile. Where on the iOS word of a sale (on good games at least) spreads quickly and shoots a game up the charts.