Hero Collecting RPGs

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dwincelowicz, Nov 24, 2015.

1. dwincelowicz

dwincelowicz Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    So, I'm playing a combination of Seven Knights and Wonder5 Masters.. Both of which, yeah, are great in their own regard but let's face it, the Fantasy genre for this is pretty well played out.

I'm looking for a modernized hero collecting RPG, like... Soldiers, Generals, etc, rocking weapons from the military side of things, instead of swords and axes. Is there anything like that around that's decent? I know there's a "Gundam" one running around which, eh... No thanks, I don't want to get super involved into a game and have it inevitably get banned for copyright violations.

Anyway. Would be cool to see one made, if there isn't one already!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Howzabout some superheroes? Coz Marvel Future Fight kicks all kinds of buh-hinds.

3. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I just returned to game after a while away (studying). This game is cool on so many levels and I thing that the f2p aspect is not exploitative at all.

The only downside is that I don't have too much free time anymore. However, I am going to try just enjoy the game, instead of trying to play "perfectly" and compulsively.

4. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    1) Heroes War (i think by Comm2us) could be for you. It has gunslingers, knife fighters, along with some amazon, werewolf etc in an urban setting. Also was recently updated so it should work on ios9
    2) if you like squad battlers, you owe it to yourself to at least check out Dragon Blaze if only for the art. It's the only one that stuck with me so far, excellent art and extremely generous freetoplay
    3) At this moment, i am waiting for Exos Saga to become way less grindy, and for Monster Mountain to reach its full potential, and trying out Wakfu Raiders (although it seems a bit childish? idk yet)

5. dwincelowicz

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    1. Heroes War (Yeah, by Com2uS USA, Inc.) was ok. Very slow, though, so as I did see myself getting into it, it just lost it's appeal very quickly.
    2. I played Dragon Blaze. It's all right. I liked the Art. Exos Saga and Dragon Blaze are almost interchangeable, in terms of art style.
    3. Monster Mountain was ok. I had it on my phone for a little while but deleted it, just really basically due to "Eh, I'm not gonna play this right now" thinking, heh.

Wakfu Raiders was mediocre, to be honest. I expected way more, but they're trying to reinvent the wheel (which, I'll be honest, isn't too soon at the moment since this genre is still booming.) I couldn't get into Dungeon Boss, either.

Right now, I'm bouncing between X-Mercs (sates my X-Com desire for now), Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes, and Seven Knights. (iOS titles) I've got Wonder5 Masters on the Galaxy Tab S2. It's decent for a grindfest.

6. dwincelowicz

Sep 29, 2015
    Security
    Sarasota, FL
    Wanted to update this:

I've been playing the new Ninja Turtles game as a hero collecting RPG and have found it to be SUPER slow at progressing, as well as actually collecting new heroes. Some of the "better" heroes require something like 50 "DNA" points, which you collecting approximately 1 per battle.. and the auto-battle tickets (or instant-warp/insta-complete) tickets only come at something like 5 per day via the "daily missions" completion.

Idk. Maybe this genre is dead and people have moved onto ARPGs.