Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Not to rub it in but you are wrong just snapped this from my Galaxy S Advance I do have a larger battery than stock but same sized so same cover, I'm also running deep sleep battery saver pro but if you look at my average life (near bottom of pic) I think you will be very suprised.

Not bad for a dual core 1ghz phone with 80gb of storage also plays GTA3 great.
that's impressive! but, "left - talk time" 13:16? official specs for device state up to 7h 20m on 3G.. you sure you have all your wireless features on? 3G? sorry, just highly skeptical, these look like the figures from a device not utilizing most of its abilities. not "living up to its full potential" as they say.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by EfratBarTal View Post
that's impressive! but, "left - talk time" 13:16? official specs for device state up to 7h 20m on 3G.. you sure you have all your wireless features on? 3G? sorry, just highly skeptical, these look like the figures from a device not utilizing most of its abilities. not "living up to its full potential" as they say.
Thats the snap straight from my phone I used to get 2 days which was impressive enough on my mugen battery, until I installed deep sleep battery saver pro what this app does is puts all apps on a deep freeze except whitelisted ones when the phone screen is off but you still receive calls/sms.

So basicly when I turn my screen off it deep sleeps everything but the whitelisted apps the phone itself and SMS it also disables wireless but lets the phone sync on a schedule like turns on wifi/3G for 5 min each hour or whatever you set it to.

Not trying to deceive anyone that's really my average life on my smartphone and I'm trying to explain how it was accomplished without hiding anything.

Edit:

Just to try and prove there is no hanky panky going on in my claims I took a couple of non screenshot pictures with my canon I know my claims seem farfetched when most people are struggling to get through a day this should help show my setup, including battery, 64gb Micro SD etc

Pic 1

pic 2

Last edited by Teknikal; 04-10-2013 at 10:11 AM..
Old 04-10-2013, 02:12 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I'm having similar drainage of battery on my iphone so I just bought a battery case from Dexim and this helps me last a day.

i'm gonna say something trivial and probably not too helpful here but.. iPhones and other smartphones don't excel on the battery life. You want to have a phone with battery that lasts longer? get an old Nokia dumbphone.. you'll have a whole week between recharges.

turning off all the nice iphone features to save battery is to me pretty stupid. i mean, why get a high-end device if you just gonna cripple it? I mean, if my phone has the ability to notify me about an email the minute i receive it, why should i set it to behave differently?
But then, we can't play ios games.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
Thats the snap straight from my phone I used to get 2 days which was impressive enough on my mugen battery, until I installed deep sleep battery saver pro what this app does is puts all apps on a deep freeze except whitelisted ones when the phone screen is off but you still receive calls/sms.

So basicly when I turn my screen off it deep sleeps everything but the whitelisted apps the phone itself and SMS it also disables wireless but lets the phone sync on a schedule like turns on wifi/3G for 5 min each hour or whatever you set it to.

Not trying to deceive anyone that's really my average life on my smartphone and I'm trying to explain how it was accomplished without hiding anything.

Edit:

Just to try and prove there is no hanky panky going on in my claims I took a couple of non screenshot pictures with my canon I know my claims seem farfetched when most people are struggling to get through a day this should help show my setup, including battery, 64gb Micro SD etc

Pic 1

pic 2
heya, sorry, didn't mean to sound as if i was questioning the credibility of your original photos i weren't, i trust your photos are 100 percent legit. But I also know that smart phones don't last more than a day or two on my regular use (at least have the 3G and push notifications always on). You seem to require a lot less from your smart phone than I do.

I use my old Iphone original as a backup phone, only turn transmitters on once or twice a day to check messages and stuff, and pratically only using it as an iPod whenever I go out for a jog. Battery recharges are quite sporadic.
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
But then, we can't play ios games.
I know, I know. Too bad games are so great at draining your battery. Maybe.. one day in the future.. they won't. But for now, what can a man do?
Old 04-10-2013, 04:50 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
I know, I know. Too bad games are so great at draining your battery. Maybe.. one day in the future.. they won't. But for now, what can a man do?
What is crazy is an iphone is not really used mostly as a phone, it is more of a web portal and gaming device for many. Now, they gotta let my ipad be used as a phone so I can ditch paying for a phone, since I pretty much carry my ipad everywhere nowadays, except when I am showering...
Old 04-10-2013, 05:14 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
I pretty much carry my ipad everywhere nowadays, except when I am showering...
Judging by the new trend of waterproof smartphones.. this too might change by next gen.

Prepare your tub mats, you'll be playing Real Racing 4 under the water sprayer soon. :-)
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Judging by the new trend of waterproof smartphones.. this too might change by next gen.

Prepare your tub mats, you'll be playing Real Racing 4 under the water sprayer soon. :-)
Griffin Tech already has those cases :3