Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 11-25-2010, 12:52 PM

Default Transfer iTunes library to another computer

I was wondering if there is a method to transfer everything (music, movies, ringtones, settings, contacts, books, pictures, everything) onto another computer? I know "transfer purchases" will transfer apps and stuff, but I want to transfer everything, so that will not work, not to mention most of the music and movies are not from iTunes.
Basically I just want to know where are all the stuff stored on my computer? I know that apps are stored under my music\iTunes\iTunes media\mobile applications or something like that, what about everything else? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:55 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Copy the whole Music/iTunes folder and it's fine. I tried it this summer. Of course if you have music elsewhere, you have to copy that too, but using iTunes/File/Library/Organize option takes care of that.
Old 11-25-2010, 01:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10

I would back everything up onto a External HDD or Flashdrive (depending on how big your library is), now, you also have to include the core library files (iTunes Library.itl; iTunes Music Library.xml; etc...) along with all the other folders for the music, apps, movies, etc. Once you do that, hook up your flashdrive or External HDD to your other computer, open up iTunes with Shift held down on your keyboard. After that, choose "Choose Library" then navaate to your flashdrive or External HDD then select "iTunes Library.itl".

Hope that works.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

firstly you can take a look at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527 and http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1727

if you want to do it in a faster way, you can use iPhone music transfer. with it, you can Transfer iTunes Music to Another computer effectively.