Aralon Suggestions thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshCM, Dec 15, 2010.

1. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    When you have ideas or suggestions for the game throw them in here
    and we'll see what we can do for the update after the next one.

2. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    Auto pickup of the selected target after their death. Or just walk over to pickup.

Swipe to attack would be cool but it's not that big of a deal.

3. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Swipe to attack would probably interfere with swipe to rotate the camera.
    Auto pickup - mmmm

4. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Auto pickup based on criteria: value, rarity, damage etc.

Maybe an option to turn off character intro animations. They're nice, with great voiceover work, but only so many times before it's annoying.

Context sensitive buttons. It's too easy trying to fight and accidentally starting a conversation.

A time based auto save, instead of event based. Optional maybe, every 10, 20, or 30 minutes.

That's all for now, I'll think of more.

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I want to own a castle. A big one.:D

6. Zoet

Zoet Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    Newcastle, Australia
    I disagree with auto pick-up and a time-based auto-save system.What if it auto-saved at a bad time? I have just been finding a quiet spot between battles and making a manual save occasionally. I do agree however about accidentally starting conversations.

7. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

That'd just be to an auto save slot thats time based

8. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    I haven't played aralon yet, but here are few must for any iOS game
    auto-rotate
    iPod music playback
    top iOS status bar when paused
    and open feint online save would help a lot of people

9. mjonesgraphics

mjonesgraphics Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Artist/Designer
    Washington DC area
    Great idea for a thread!

More armor and weapons. More choices in characterisation

10. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    #10 iphoneprogrammer, Dec 15, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
    The camera controls need to be fixed, swipe up and down to mvoe camera up and down, and left and right for left and right camera movements? What about if I swipe diagonally? cause i tried that and it doesnt do anything for me.

EDIT: Invert camera controls or add the option too.

11. Translate the game into more languages. For example, spanish. It is very important to enjoy the game.

Thank you Crescent Moon.

12. YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Above My Postcount
    skill/stat reset NPC.

Name it Scott. ;)

13. Jessee

Jessee New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Remote save... this feature is crucial to those of us playing with multiple iOS devices!

14. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    it already has invert camera control option.

15. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    EDIT: EDIT: Just found them haha. Well then you could reduce the amount of epic the game secretes...cause its oozing all over my floor.

Also did you guys submit a version 2.0? Cause I think its available.

16. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    Make a sequel...

17. Pechanni

Pechanni New Member

Dec 8, 2010
    #17 Pechanni, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
    I would like to be able to have sliders to adjust the volume of music and SFX. I enjoy the music, but it's very loud.

Be able to adjust sensitivity on camera (to me it's a tiny bit too sensitive).

A "unstick" button (got stuck in the very first cave of the game, had to do the dungeon over again).
    Or a jump button.

A visual representation of how much breath you have when submerged in water (assuming there is a limit, I haven't tested).

Whenever you click "Take all", close the loot window automatically.

When on a quest with a timer, display the timer countdown, rather than an update every time a minute has passed.

Another incident which was a little worrying: I had found the tough bandit named Stronghand, and before approaching him I killed the two bandits that were in front of him, one by one, from a distance (i'm a ranger). I saved my game, engaged Stronghand, died, loaded most recent save, and "pop" those two bandits had suddenly both spawned, were in melee range and attacked me at the same time. I don't know if it's possible for the save file to contain info on how much time the monsters should wait before respawning? The advantage of engaging in a battle from a distance is lost this way.

An tiny arrow-counter on the main screen (approached a boss thinking I was going to kite him, but upon attacking I had only one arrow left).

I think the item menu of Dungeon Hunter 2 works very well. It compares the selected item with the equipped item so you can see the difference, and once you click "sell", you only have to click once. In case you made a mistake, you can buy it back for the same price you sold it for.

I second the suggestion of no conversations during combat, it gets in the way, and it's also hard to loot when someone is following you.

I'm aware some of these suggestions, such as the arrow counter, strictly speaking aren't necessary. I am always able to open the inventory and have a look at my arrow supply. I just think some of them would give a better overview of the situation, or a more smooth experience.

With all that being said, don't get the impression I'm not satisfied. I enjoy the game and I'm looking forward to progressing :)

18. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    - Options should be accessible without having to quit to the main menu.
    - I think the swimming needs some work, especially when you try and swim on the surface and try to climb up a ladder out of the water, the game can glitch.
    - More polished menus/buttons.
    - The targeting mechanism could do with some work. Perhaps make it more accurate when there are multiple enemies.

19. Infamous97

Infamous97 Well-Known Member

yes! invert controls

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    lol
    its in there