Modern Combat 5 (By Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DA_Mar5ian_man, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    More players per multiplayer match. Would be impressed.

2. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #102 Primoz, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
    Things to add to MC5:

Jump, prone.

Sniper only mode.

A mode where the level doesn't matter, everyone gets some basic equipment choices at start and has to choose one of those.

A real search & destroy mode with no respawning.

Better security and banning hackers.

Better maps (not larger, but better thought out).

3. Jinathin_x_X

Jinathin_x_X Well-Known Member

May 15, 2012
    Too bad can't play this game since I don't even have iPad 4.
    What I noticed from iPad 4 gameplay is thy there is a slight lag here and there. It's not like locked full 60 FPS.
    It probably means this work the best on new apple devices that will come out later this year (new iPhone) and early next year (new iPad)

4. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    OR it means that this is an Alpha build made to showcase it at E3 and that it's not even near done and you should not jump to conclusions.

5. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Just a general question here, About locked FPS, do any games on iOS use V-SYNC? Or is the resolution so small screen tearing won't occur?

6. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well... See what happened with mc4? iPhone 4S didn't work that well on it. How iPhone 5 was perfect for mc4, it will be perfect for new apple devices... That's how they make it

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Of course that's the case always, but you can't just assume that older gens will run it badly. Of course new gen will be best, but I think you can't jump into conclusions that current gen will not be able to run it properly.

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The demo was running at a stable 30 FPS, which was probably the framerate of the camera used to record.

Relax.

9. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    Just saying, I beat the MC4 Campaign on my old 16 GB iPhone 4 with stable FPS

10. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Well people enjoy flawless 60 FPS. I am use to those locked over 60 FPS for most of FPS.. So when it comes to below that, that's just turn off for me

11. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Some things to add:

Weapon balance. No OP guns, make the damage about the same just with rof and recoil differences. Also, no crazy knife. Make it have it's separate button and no range past 3 feet.

Supply crate. Get rid of this garbage. Promotes cheap kills and spamming to help win games. Or make it only give you xp and credits.

Barebone. I love this and I only played it like 10 times max. Make it more appealing somehow because no one plays it.

Add time stats to custom matches.

Glitches, bugs and performance.
    I want this release to be less buggy, glitchy than MC4, MC2.

That is not all but mainly what I want. Less rage= happier times.

Peace.

12. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    Just make mc5 exactly same as MC3 MP. I think mc3 MP was perfect. But add new game mode and actual party invite system and its gonna be good. No more unlock everything from the beginning... Just no no. I just laughed so hard about when they made new dlc guns and how op they are

13. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I agree. MC3 MP was, for me, the best. I liked more its maps than MC4's.

About the weapon balance, why not decrease the player's health? Think of Counter Strike. There are no OP weapons in that game nor useless ones because you can kill anyone with 3 shots. You can dominate by using the default pistol without any problem.

14. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009

Uh, no. The AWP and AK-47 have always been the best weapons. Even in CS:GO this is still the case.

Decreasing health is just going to add to the problem. It's an arcade shooter not realistic, so that would be really dumb especially if GL doesn't do anything about the weapons :)

15. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    I know right? Make most op gun with expensive price = profit

16. Paul202

Paul202 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    School
    MI, USA
    You already die very fast in MC, for the love of god don't lower it. In order to make the guns not OP, give most weapons the same time to kill. Also have a feedback section in the multiplayer and have the devs ready to update the game a week after it's launch to fix bugs and weapon balanced. That's about it, I would like it if MC5 was basically like MC3, albeit with more weapons,maps, and a bigger multiplayer. If they keep the system where you have to buy weapons, I think it should be like MC3, where you have to unlock it first. I also think attachments shouldn't be bought, but earned through playing, kind of like the MW series. And as a extension, preferably weapons wouldn't be bought with currency but unlocked automatically, although Gameloft will never do this because it would reduce their profit.

17. Jinathin_x_X

May 15, 2012
    They don't even have to try to be different. MC is seriously no different than call of duty. It will sell since there is no other FPS Games on iOS devices. I am not sure if its worse or not because it has shit tons of IAP already where on consoles you don't have those bs... Not to mention game is kinda unfair since it depends on who has the latest device kind of war. Which apple probably loves. Sometimes I wish they would just downgrade the graphics and make the frame rates higher in lower devices. But sadly, GL wants to make game look pretty and take screen shot so people would go and purchase it

18. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    modern comabt 5 ? i havn't opened up modern combat 4 yet on my idevice

19. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You've had more than half a year to do that though.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    And I had a 2.7kdr and beat Paulolkin twice in multiplayer when I still assaulted. Now I suck though lol. Anyway, point is, it's playable.