Support our Sponsors:

Old 09-07-2013, 12:35 PM
iPad

Slayin is not an RPG at all. It has even less of a story than games like Paladog, and doesn't even really have much in the way of character development. It's just an action/arcade game.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
Nice, thanx I'm actually interested, you wouldn't happen to know when later this month would you? Next week with the next batch of new games? Or the last week of the month? I'm just curious and excited already lol.
Sorry, all I know is that it has a september release date on the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaviddesJ View Post
Why doesn't this have its own thread?
I don't know, I just saw Allister mention it in the upcoming releases thread today.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:47 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Slayin's fantastic, but as pointed out above, it isnt much of an RPG, but more of an endless combat-heavy arcade game with light RPG elements.

Another game sharing Slayin's endless combat-heavy arcade mechanics with light RPG elements but plays a bit more differently, is Spellsword.

Ark of Sinners has a bit more of an RPG feel than a usual metroidvania type of game, as it gives you more freedom on how you want to develop your character, but it is a metroidvania type of game in its core.

Bravura Quest Rush is another side scrolling RPG i highly recommend, but is currently on a soft release in CA.

There's only a few side-scrolling RPGs that are worth playing on iOS, most of them already mentioned here:

Dragonslasher
Swordigo
Wazhack
Dungeon Crasher

There's also a couple freemium side-scrolling RPGs i cant remember the names of, but as i remember one of them, you control a party of 3, and you can drag-drop your characters to strategic positions in realtime hack and slashing.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Mauv was the other game I was thinking of. Top down but with a lot of side scrolling levels like Swordigo. Worth trying
Old 09-08-2013, 01:32 AM

After reading all the posts I've realized I have played every damn game available, lol. That's sad. The only one I haven't tried yet is the bravura one, if its free in the CA store ill be able to try it out, I have ios accounts in CA, New Zealand, UK, and Germany, haha. I'm looking forward to rift hunter if they ever release it in US, I played the German version and it was fun except the fact I didn't understand anything. I just went to each level and fought around buying and trying skills I had no idea what they did until i used them lol. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions, it looks like I'm going to have to switch genres for a while lol I've played most metroidvania style games as well and in my opinion the whole touch fps thing just doesn't feel right, I have to have that controller with the thumb sticks and trigger buttons lol.
Old 01-05-2014, 08:42 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

My 2 fav side scrolling arpgs:

- Demon Hunter: return of the wings. My 1# game, with loads of missions, customization... And it was free, but I'm not sure if it's still avalible on the store..
- Illusia 1.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:20 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Check out Fastar, side scrolling RPG w great flavor and simple gameplay.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:51 AM

Illusia 1 was quite good

Last edited by JCho133; 01-06-2014 at 01:08 AM..
Old 01-06-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbagga84 View Post
Haha I've actually played ninja gaiga, it was alright, as you said. They definitely could have done a lot more for the game, I did have fun with it but at the same time I was very disappointed because, for a long time I had been looking for a legit ninja adventure game that was not an endless runner or a touch only throwing/slicing game, I wish I could find another, just a straight ninja game with story, levels, combo fighting, with or without RPG elements preferably with but, like I said if its not an endless runner or a throwing/slicing game I'd be willing to check it out. Thanks for the suggestions! It's just unfortunate that I've had so much time on my hands I've played them already, lol
If you're into brawlers try "OMG Pirates!"