Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-31-2013, 10:22 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

Default Zombie Crane - for iPhone [FREE]

Hey I just made a game called Zombie Crane that went live on App Store last night. I am looking for a few nice folks who wouldn't mind giving it a go and testing it out for me. It is sort of a re-imagining of classic zombie defense games. The objective is to fill the blood meter all the way by grabbing and grinding zombies or blowing them up and collecting their limbs.

It is NOT a pay-to-win game. It does have ads, but that is how I hope to pay my bills and maybe even feed my kids from time to time.

Last edited by Red1; 12-31-2013 at 10:26 PM..
Old 01-01-2014, 12:32 PM

It's not bad, but the resolution is pretty low. Also, sometimes the controls are a bit unresponsive. I'm not sure how to judge gameplay, because where it seems like it might work, it doesn't feel like it does. Grabbing enemies takes almost all of your battery, and smashing them does just as near. It's almost like you want the player to kill all of the zombies instead of taking blood. Maybe a leveling upgrade system would make things progress a little smoother as well. The ads aren't that intrusive either, which is really appreciated. I hope this game turns into something more for you and it does well.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Tried it, anyway to go universal?
Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

Thanks for the input! I am actually fixing the resolution right now. I decreased to try and improve performance but instead I am making a separate build for 3gs users. On the controls, could you elaborate on which particular control is unresponsive so I can investigate? Also, I did include an upgrade system where you can spend your blood to increase battery recharger rate, better barricades, etc. Is that not what you are talking about? Anyhow I REALLY appreciate your input!
Old 01-02-2014, 10:36 PM

I'll try this out when I get off work, looks fun
Old 01-04-2014, 11:49 AM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
It's not bad, but the resolution is pretty low. Also, sometimes the controls are a bit unresponsive. I'm not sure how to judge gameplay, because where it seems like it might work, it doesn't feel like it does. Grabbing enemies takes almost all of your battery, and smashing them does just as near. It's almost like you want the player to kill all of the zombies instead of taking blood. Maybe a leveling upgrade system would make things progress a little smoother as well. The ads aren't that intrusive either, which is really appreciated. I hope this game turns into something more for you and it does well.
Just released an update that includes high resolution assets. 3GS users will see performance issues so I also launched a 3GS version!
Old 01-06-2014, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazius View Post
Thanks for the input! I am actually fixing the resolution right now. I decreased to try and improve performance but instead I am making a separate build for 3gs users. On the controls, could you elaborate on which particular control is unresponsive so I can investigate? Also, I did include an upgrade system where you can spend your blood to increase battery recharger rate, better barricades, etc. Is that not what you are talking about? Anyhow I REALLY appreciate your input!
Sometimes when I would press the buttons it won't register , or maybe the timer on the crane is long.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Sometimes when I would press the buttons it won't register , or maybe the timer on the crane is long.
Yeah the battery starts out with a slow recharge rate. I didn't want it to be too overpowered. The buttons will pulse when they are usable. You can upgrade it to speed it up quite a bit. It really helps. I think it is probably the most valuable upgrade. Either that or the barricades. Version 1.1 went live today!