Defender Chronicles II: Heroes of Athelia (universal) +Poll

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Gimka, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Will you buy Defender Chronicles II?

1. Yes

70.2%
  2. Maybe

13.1%
  3. Probably not

3.6%
  4. No

4.8%
  5. I don't know anything about this game

8.3%
  1. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Touch Arcade’s best Strategy Games of 2009 is back!
    http://toucharcade.com/2009/12/25/best-ipod-touch-and-iphone-games-2009-buyers-guide/

Hi folks,

First of all, I apologize for the lack of news to all Defender Chronicles fans out there. It has been a while since I posted something in here. And I don’t want to keep on giving empty promise on a release date that we might or might not be able to fulfill.

Secondly, I want to gladly announce that Defender Chronicles II is going to launch very soon!

This is the project that we have been pouring our heart and soul into for the past couple of years, hoping this sequel lives up to its predecessor…

For those who don’t know about the game, here is a review:
    http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/15/tower-defense-role-playing-game-defender-chronicles/

We are working on a trailer and will post that sometime next week. If you have any question, feel free to post them here.

Features:
    • The original vertical tower defense game is back! :eek:
    • Play on iPhone and iPad (universal)!
    • 4 Heroes, 32 new abilities, 4 Factions, 57 unique units, and hundreds of new artifacts!
    • All new graphics, comic, soundtracks, and voice-overs by Sean Connery ;)-not!

[​IMG]

2. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Looking forward to getting this insta-buy the second it's released.

3. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Good stuff. Can't wait :D.

4. master lee

master lee Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Greece kos island
    Looking forward!!!!!!

5. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #5 Ayjona, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Finally. The original was my very first iOS gaming passion, and I remember spending 3-4 hours (a considerably amount for someone who rarely plays for more than 5-15 minutes a day) the first night scrolling that screen ever back and forth, the tower defense hater finally tower defending with delight...

The top five most awaited list I delude myself into thinking I am too cool to admit exists but regularly post about just had another entry, near the very top...

He is brilliantly derivative and homeage-y :) This IS the same fella who did the voiceovers for Majesty 1 & 2, right?

6. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm a big fan of his voice in those games. That's how I found him!

And how cool is that? He is now doing voices for our games! :D Just wait until you hear his lizardman voice in this game - to quote the guy:

I really hope you like the voice I came up with for Taric, the Lizardman general. I did it with no special audio processing, just my big mouth! Ha Ha!

7. SirDarkened

SirDarkened Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    Ha srsly?
    Where do I live?
    Just to tease you all a bit, I happen to be one of the beta testers and the game is looking fantastic, it's everything DC1 was and wasn't, in all of the best ways.
    (the beta is closed btw no more entries please!)

The shop is much nicer, grinding is still there as you all remember it but it's a little less tapping required, at least at first.

All of the maps are bigger and longer wave wise than the ones in DC1.

Be prepared to play quite bit more than you played DC1 as there are new heroes, and each hero requires a totally different strategy than the rest... ;D.

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Cool, will definitely be purchasing this. My iPod was getting a little dusty.

9. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    #9 Plast2, Apr 22, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
    Having been neck deep in beta testing the last couple of weeks as well, as well as writing some of the extensive manual following the game, I can only concur with Dark above. DC2 is a much deeper game than DC1. We have background stories for all the places you visit and encounter, extensive storylines for all heroes. And having been testing the game on iPhone4s and iPad3 myself, I can assure you it looks amazing on the retina screen :p

As one of the only true fusions of RPG and Towers Defense, it is vital you get to know each heroes weakness and strength, the shops are now much more diversed in gear and artifacts, and there are litterally vast amounts of gear to test and play with. Bigger, longer, maps have more enemy types and you off course have more troops types at your disposal to help win the battle. unlock bigger, tougher enemy types as you rise through dificulties! And off course unlock the secrets and medals that might aid your quest. Be prepared ;)

Almost forgot: The DC forum is as ever the place to be for all your DC news, walkthroughs, and general chat about the game.

10. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Was an avid follower of DC1 and wrote quite a bit on different strategies, unit breakdown, item usefulness and etc. Been waiting for this for a long time! Look forward to making the DC forum a common visit rather than the monthly visit it is now :D

11. Plast2

Plast2 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Good! We missed you ;)

12. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    OMG Can't wait. Instabuy....seriously!!! :)

13. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Greeting folks,

To spice things up while we are waiting for the final testing, I'll introduce you to our new characters in Defender Chronicles II, one by one.

Today star is the... Peasant! ;)

Favorite quote: "I am the mightiest peasant in all the land!"

[​IMG]

14. briansanderson

briansanderson Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Makes my day. Defender Chronicles is still my favorite game for iOS. Will pick up DC 2 no doubt.

15. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Today star is the... Lich!

Lich can raise undead army and restores his health by draining the life of his opponents. Stoneskin protects him from physical attacks.

Favorite quote: "You cannot hide from death!"

[​IMG]

16. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    When it is estimated to be released ?

17. Gimka

Gimka Well-Known Member

Rivozzz,

There is already a certain launch date, which will be announced via press release sometime next week.

Today star is the... Assassin!

Backstab allows Assassins to inflict double damage to slower opponents. Assassins move fast and are immune to slow effects.

Favorite quote: Money can't buy you happiness but it can buy you Assassins!

[​IMG]

18. Omfgkevin

Omfgkevin Member

May 29, 2011
    Please please please tell me that this game will run on my Ipod Touch 2nd Gen. I've been waiting ages for this game :(

19. Joshnsuch

Joshnsuch Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Louisville
    Definitely looking forward to this title being released. I've owned the first one since the first week I bought my first iOS device.

Will be a day one pick-up for me.

20. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Looking forward!