Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jonathanhohoho

jonathanhohoho Active Member

Nov 22, 2011
    is there an update now?:confused:

2. Dando1998

Dando1998 Active Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Christmas gem gifting

I have an idea...

Every day until christmas, one person who has postes on this forum more then once will be chosen to be the person the EVERYONE gives gems to,as a christmas/gift-giving activity. That way, that person could get a bunch of gems without being obligated to gift back.

Any comments/ideas? If we were to do this, i would keep track of whose day it is, and tell everyone to gift them.

3. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I got the breeding island.

Snow and Plant gave me Raindeer egg
    Storm and Fire gave me another blue fire egg.

Both on the first try. 3 attempts at rainbow using seaweed/firefly came up with nothing. Still, It does look like the breeding island improves your chances of breeding something special.

Having to breed 50 dragons to activate the shrine, level others to level 15 significantly lengthens the game for me.
    Generally I don't mind the snow theme, but the buildings blend in too much. Also snow on the ground looks like it was painted on. I wish there was an option to switch between the snow theme and the standard theme.

4. Bonepart

Bonepart Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Sounds good to me, I will participate- how many people are you thinking will enter? Could I start? We all need to be timely about this and don't forget- if you forget more than twice, you should be booted out of the program- just a thought- GC: bonepart- I send gems for gems

5. FingersD

FingersD Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    #1025 FingersD, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    Do not powerlevel !!!

Greets..

I know it's tempting (220 million coins here) but the next update won't be until next year, so those 5 levels are the only gameplay for the next few months...

If you're like me and frustated from the lack of progress over the past couple of months after you hit 20, powerlevelling will only result in the same problem starting tomorrow...

That was my two cents' worth...

F.

6. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I bred my Reindeer on the new island. Used the Cold and Tree in that order.

7. Narakai

Narakai Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I feel the same actually (lvl 20 for months and almost 300M ). I started rebreeding plant dragons, but decided it was just too repetitive and dull. Set my plant islands back up and stopped there..... Another large island would have been good so you could spend time doing something more creative while waiting patiently for updates. Thanks FingersD - it is always nice to hear others feel the same.
    Narakai

8. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Anyone above lvl 21 tell me if there is any additional habitats?

9. AndyPandy26

AndyPandy26 Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Courier
    Wigan, UK
    Congratulations on getting 21 Girlpower, I was viewing your park collecting hats when I got a popup saying you have reached level 21. At first I thought I'd leveled up by collecting them, then saw your name lol, must be a bug or something. Anyway, well done lol

10. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Im 22 now, still no new habitats :S

11. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Got the reindeer on my 2nd try with cold swamp imediatly sped it up using my spare gems ... Real cool egg :) now going for 2nd but it was a fail
    Check it out my gc is jornpod

12. EPICAS

EPICAS New Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Reindeer dragon

I reckon a great way to get a reindeer dragon is breeding blue fire and plant, because if it doesn't work it only takes half an hour or an hour.

13. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I tried the cold/swamp again in the oh so epic island and got a five hour. So it seems that's the reindeer. :)
    Note the slight sarcasm....my take on the epic island. I bred fire/storm there three times (maybe 4) using up all my gems because all I ended up with the exact same results as I do with the regular breeding cave. Scorch and storm eggs. So, so far, I see no benefit of the second breeding cave other than I can do two sets at once. In terms of "odds" I see no real difference in getting the rare dragons.
    I totally feel the reindeer I got now I probably would have gotten in the regular cave since it isn't that hard to achieve.
    So, my fellow dragonvalers (;p), unless you really want a second breeding cave it's a waste. I'll let you know what happens tonight when I try for moon again. Right now I'm going to try for two reindeer so I can breed them later when it vanishes if I want.
    I did level up my plant shrine out of curiosity. And you get the orb above their heads but I have no clue what the advantage is. Breeding my level 14 swamp and cold did not get me the reindeer so it wasn't an advantage. The leveling up and hatching/selling is time consuming and totally boring so I won't be doing it for any other habitat types.
    There's my synopsis for the day....happy reindeer breeding people! :)
    And @girlpower...I can't wait to see what you got!!!!

14. Bluangl27

Bluangl27 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Thanks! I may try that combo for the second go around if doing the cold/swamp fails the second time. I kind of messed up two breedings yesterday that wasted most of the day. ;)

15. roxanne_85

roxanne_85 New Member

Sep 14, 2011
    I tried plant and blue fire and got a 5hr incubation on my first try!! I'm assuming this will be a reindeer since like you said all the others only take 30/60min.

I also don't want to send real money on the new island. Send gems for gems!!

16. Jacckk

Jacckk New Member

Jan 28, 2010
    Reindeer

I've made two Reindeer Dragons with Snow+Plant... one in the epic breeding cave (support your developer :) ) and one in the regular one.

17. Jornpod

Jornpod Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    2nd reindeer on its way :) 2times using the cold swamp combo
    Also one on epic breeding isle and one in the breeding cave

18. Diluted

Diluted New Member

Nov 29, 2011
    It was a Sun!

19. Jking4965

Jking4965 Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Plant and fire shrine

I've been breeding plant and fire for poison it's a half hr incubation time and it adds one to my plant and fire Shrine.

It takes less food and I think it quicker to do and it helps having to breeding caves. I'm not sure if there is any special benefit to having ur dragons at lvl 15 but if there isn't now I'm sure ull need it to breed a later rare dragon.

On another subject, I really wish they would have added another island mines getting a lil crowded. It took me a long time to get every dragon, I got my sun dragon a coue of days ago with fire and storm which completed my set and now I am running out of room.

I was also wondering on how much easier it is to breed rare dragons in the new cave. I hope not to easy because I think that would take the fun out of the game.

Come check out what I have spent to many hours doing my GC is JKING4965 I generally give gems daily to the names that pop up when I log on.

Also good gem traders are jakerosen and tybolt69

20. SteveDragonVale

SteveDragonVale Active Member

Dec 3, 2011
    Student
    South Africa
    #1040 SteveDragonVale, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    I wish the same had happened to me, I'm broke and I can barely pay for the new shrines and I'm struggling to upgrade the treat farms, and the 500 000 coins for 10 000 food for upgrading the level limit for my dragons, I levelled up to level 20 the day before the update.
    I missed the Halloween specials so I spent nearly all my gems making sure I got at least 2 reindeer dragons from this special.
    I too hoped for another Island to place habitats and decorations, as well as more decorations. I was also silently hoping for the ability to rotate decorations...