Verto Studio iPhone submitted to apple

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mlfarrell, Apr 4, 2011.

1. mlfarrell

mlfarrell Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    #1 mlfarrell, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  2. GnarKill

GnarKill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    Oh yeah! I'm excited to be able to check it out more. I've got the iPad version, but no iPad, so I've only been able to look at it on an iPad at my office.

3. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    just hit the store :)

4. Razoric

Razoric Well-Known Member

awesome app man :)

5. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    Thanks man. I just bought your game. Is pretty cool. Rated you 5 stars. Def better than a lot of the other mindless space shooters or defender clones I've seen on the app store.

You should go HD and spruce up the graphics for an iPad release, maybe add a box editor to let the users customize their own sprites using a cheap in-game photoshop and level editor. You could do really well.

6. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    great will pick this up finally :)

7. GnarKill

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    I'll be grabbing this on friday (pay day). Is the PDF you have been working on included in the app or are you going to distribute it outside the app?

8. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    It's given in the app as a link to the web-hosted PDF file (so it's sort of included).

9. GnarKill

Oct 24, 2009
    UI Engineer
    Bay Area
    #9 GnarKill, Apr 14, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
    So far while I have been getting myself accustomed to the app, there has been only been 2 things to really bother me. First is no orientation arrows/indicator. Majority of my experience in 3D modeling has been in Maya and there is always a red/green/blue axis icon in the view window so I know what axis I'm looking down. And the other is being able to rotate the view while trying to select multiple tris on different sides of the model.

On a side note and speaking of windows. Have you considered allowing for a 4 window view?(iPad version only of course) I dont think I personally would allow for editing within any fo the 4 views, just moving and zooming.

10. layzerboy

layzerboy Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2010
    Outer Space