iCade compatibility list/wishlist

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by laxking97, Jul 30, 2010.

1. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    The way the AppStore description reads to me is that Galaga is the only Icade compatable game on the Namco Arcade.

I would like to see Namco add Icade compatability to Galaga 30th anaversery collection. I wonder if Capcom are going to follow suit?

Imame that appeared on the AppStore is Icade & ICP compatable and does run street fighter 2

2. SKELETOR68

SKELETOR68 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    DND, Canadian Forces Soldier, Arty
    CFB Wainwright, Alberta Canada
    Galaga 30th anaversery collection

I am also waiting for this to recieve iCade support.

3. yellowknife

yellowknife Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2010
    See if you can find the developer email address and let them know. Mention other similar titles that have implemented it and how great it is. A lot of developers are quite happy to respond to customer feedback if it's reasonable.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Its frustrating, i want to be 'legal' and buy up every arcade release there is and i do but theyre so often inferior to the copies on iMame. Take Galaga, think the controls are appalling in the Namco Arcade app, plus the cost of the game is ridiculous, with iMame its iCade compatible, controls without the icade are decent and it runs really well.

Midway Arcade is the best arcade app i've seen, just wish they would add more games to it. Namco Arcade 'could' be good but 1.99 or 2.99 for a single game compared to 69p with Midway Arcade and 4 games ?

5. farmboy74

farmboy74 Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Uk
    I know how your feeling about being 'legal' when it comes to arcade games. I think Capcom are missing out on some huge sales with their arcade app not being universal or having Icade support. I have Imame installed on both pads and IFBA on my jailbroken first gen pad and enjoying playing the classic arcade games. I think the developers are missing huge sales by not making their arcade games Icade compatible.
    Hopefully Midway Arcade app will get updated with some of their biggest games (smash tv, mortal kombat)
    I did email a number of devs in the earlys days of the Icade and got very little response as to regarding Icade support.

6. KrisjohnTwin

KrisjohnTwin Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
  7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
  8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's just a link to the Commodore 64 app...

Be sure to also check out Retro Games / Retro Games HD...

EDIT: Nevermind - you're talking about the RAR. *facepalm*

9. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Yep, was hoping to have a small shot of Impossible Mission.

10. DeepSpring

DeepSpring New Member

Apr 25, 2012
    [​IMG] F.Godmom (currently available for free) now supports iCade.

[​IMG]

11. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Spellsword (same dev as Terra Noctis) is out now with iCade support:

http://appshopper.com/games/spellsword

Also, a couple of current iCade deals: Kung Fu Rabbit is on dollar sale (which has lasted longer than the expected day), and Baby Monkey is free (iPhone-only, but runs on iPad and supports iCade).

12. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    #1152 yellowknife, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
    iCade controls sticking in SpellSword

I excitedly booted up SpellSword, started Endless mode and found that the iCade controls stay stuck on whatever direction I last pushed. Jumps stick too.

Edit: To clarify, I am talking about a software error, not a problem with my iCade.

13. wermy

wermy Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
  14. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
  15. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    SpellSword on iCade is broken

SpellSword just had an update, but iCade controls still don't work. Directions and jump do not release. You end up constantly moving and jumping like a leprechaun without being able to stop (until you re-enable touch controls).

Frustratingly, it's a really good game apart from this and just hit top 50 I think.

There is another update planned soon. I have seen no mention of iCade being planned for a fix though. I think the best way to give feedback is to post a comment at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Everplay-Interactive/290621477658289

I would let them know of iCade problems, but don't have a Facebook account.

16. MJFox

MJFox Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Vienna, Austria
    @yellowknife: do you have the keyboard set to american/english layout?

greetings

MJFox

17. SKELETOR68

SKELETOR68 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    DND, Canadian Forces Soldier, Arty
    CFB Wainwright, Alberta Canada
  18. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    Yes I do and I have over 20 iCade enabled games that have no problems.

Anyone got SpellSword properly working with iCade?

19. Brokendemo

Brokendemo Active Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Not me, and my iCade is flawless with every other game I use it on. There really does seem to be a problem with the programming. I feel like I read somewhere that programming for the icade involves both a cue for a button being pressed and for the button being released, it seems like they just left the second part out. I really do wish they would address it though, this is maybe the third time I bought a game only for icade comparability only to have it not work. And then they never fix it! It would be an awesome icade game if they could figure it out.

20. yellowknife

Aug 21, 2010
    #1160 yellowknife, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    I have reported problem in official SpellSword thread in TouchArcade forums. Everplay are well engaged in thread so they are very likely to read my post. Feel free to post there yourself so they know my experience isn't an anomaly.

Edit: Here is the SpellSword thread URL: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=132193