Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-29-2013, 10:51 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by niebau View Post
For what it's worth, the game mechanics of our next title will be more main stream:
- Defeated units cannot be used again within the same scenario
- Preset number of enemies per scenario, e.g.20 for small scenes.
- Spawn chance removed. Enemies will always spawn to the possible maximum (e.g.6) until the last one was defeated
I trust Mangobile knows what they are doing but am skeptical about the removal of friendly spawning and limiting enemy spawns to a preset number. I consider those components some of the best part of the Kingturn series. I'm sure it will turn out great but right now on paper with limited information it sounds uncertain.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:09 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Hey, if you haven't picked up Kingturn RPG Plus there's no reason to wait... great game.

I found a very minor oddity with Scene 6 so thought I'd share for the amusement of it.

- Victory conditions specify defeat if "your entire army was defeated;" however, I recall being defeated when Iradeus alone died. This might be my faulty memory (?).

- The reward information claims "new companion(s)" will join on victory. If you fail to achieve victory (maybe specifically by Iradeus being defeated) then Iradeus joins your party regardless.

- On subsequent play-throughs, once he has joined the team, Iradeus can die without defeat and just respawn. Iradeus respawn might defeat some of the importance of protecting him implied in the mission objective but does make the level easier.

I couldn't tell if this was intentional but it seemed like an anomaly, but it's unlikely anyone will compalin.

Last edited by undeadcow; 07-02-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Old 07-04-2013, 02:08 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
The reward information claims "new companion(s)" will join on victory. If you fail to achieve victory (maybe specifically by Iradeus being defeated) then Iradeus joins your party regardless.
Interesting. We will thoroughly test scenario 6 again.
According to the scenario script, the mage Lazarus should in fact only join the player's group, if the scenario was won (either by moving the assassin Iradeus to the target position or by defeating all enemies).

Reading your message again, this might be just a name confusion, though:
The mage Lazarus is supposed to join the team after the assassin Iradeus has liberated him.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:04 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
I trust Mangobile knows what they are doing but am skeptical about the removal of friendly spawning and limiting enemy spawns to a preset number. I consider those components some of the best part of the Kingturn series. I'm sure it will turn out great but right now on paper with limited information it sounds uncertain.
I fully understand your concern. And if we simply applied these changes to Kingturn with its current battle, scenario and class design, I also doubt this would work out very well.
Just for the record and to avoid a misunderstanding: In all likelihood there will be still friendly spawning in the Kingturn successor, similar like it is in Kingturn right now with the 'Perma Knockout' option switched on.

Our goals for the Kingturn successor are twofold:
- A new and fresh game experience compared to the Kingturn series
- Taking the strategy aspect of Kingturn to the next level, where player decisions are of more consequence for the outcome of a battle: A too defensive strategy should result in being overrun by the enemy. A too aggressive strategy should result in too heavy losses to be able to achieve the scenario goals.

I will open a new touchArcade thread soon and elaborate the changes more detailed. We will also invite a few (selected) players to try out the new game mechanics at an early stage of the development process.
So player feedback will have an impact on the initial game release already.