Puppet Jump 3D

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RPGGuy, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    #1 RPGGuy, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
    Puppet Jump 3D is a cross between Little Big Planet and Doodle Jump.

Jump ever higher on platforms while collecting Puppet Points which can be used to customize your puppet and surroundings. As you get higher you'll encounter moving and breakable platforms to test your leaping skills.

Customization is extensive with the ability to change your puppet's body, hat, eyes, mouth, material and choose from 10 different backgrounds to give almost a million unique combinations.

Puppet Jump is also an impressive technical achievement, with full per pixel shadow mapping even though it is not natively supported on the iPhone. Custom shaders were written for 3GS that let objects cast shadows on themselves and everything in the scene. This is the same shadow technique found in console games on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Puppet Jump 3D is nearing completion and will be submitted within a few days, so keep an eye out for the big announcement!

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Wow this looks great! I love the style and ability to customize your character. I just hope that there is a calibrate option, that is a must for these types of games.

What is the price going to be?

3. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The game will be free to try, with the ability to unlock the full game with an in app purchase for $2. You can't customize or post your high scores until the game is unlocked.

4. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Hello! Great looking game you got. Looks very very similar to 123 Jump, just with much better graphics and lots of customization. Will this have any type of Multiplayer? Like Bluetooth or local Wifi? It will be an instant buy for me if so.
    Thank you and grats on your upcoming game!

5. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    The game has been submitted and is waiting to be approved by Apple.

It doesn't have multiplayer in this version but it might be something I add later, if I can decide on how it would work. Would it be competitive or co-op?

6. Nekcik

Nekcik Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    Personally i Wouldn't mind it being Competitive , Like who can get up the furthest. and If you do decide adding multiplayer can you start off with adding atleast Bluetooth Or Local Wifi first? I'm pretty sure thats the easiest to implement and maybe decide if you sell enough to add Online play.

7. console quality/graphics my A**!

8. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Fact is it uses the same shadowing technique as console games and Unreal Engine 3, and no other iPhone game engine has self shadowing that I have seen (maybe Zen bound 3GS when it comes out). Now if iPhone could pump out more tris/sec things would look even better.

9. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Oh man, you totally sold me with the outer space scene, I'm obsessed with space. Please tell me black is one of the colors you can choose for the color of our puppets? Black is my favorite color (if you would consider it a color) so that would definitely be a win for me. But so far, it looks great.

As for you, I'm not sure you know this, but often times screen shots and videos do not do the actual game justice. A good example would be Cogs, I did not like the way it looked at all in the screen shots and videos, but actually playing it is awesome.

10. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    Sway graphics meet's Doodle Jump!

11. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Have you submitted it yet? I am eager to see how the game will look on my 3G!

Oh and if you decide to add multiplayer, online multiplayer is the best option.

12. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

One of the posts stated it was submitted, so I am hoping this is in review.

13. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Has this game been approved yet?

Any status?

It's been over a week since submission I believe.

14. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    It has been in review since Friday. It has in app purchasing and that usually takes longer to approve.

15. Aldex Oun

Aldex Oun Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    What's in the in-app purchases?

16. RPGGuy

RPGGuy Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Unlocking the full game from the trial version. You can't customize your puppet or post high scores until it is unlocked.

17. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    yeah im gonna have to give this a go. looks great. :)

chris.

18. BazookaTime

Hoping this comes out today or tomorrow.

19. BazookaTime

In review for a week now. I was thinking this should be out.

20. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Not to be negative as I am stoked for this game, but I bet it's been turned down.

Usually when a game takes too long, It's been turned down and Apple has rudely NOT contacted the developer in any way.

I have seen this happen quite a few times.