Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-12-2013, 11:18 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Just a perfect example that eye candy isn't everything to make an addictive, fun game! Gotta love it!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by birslip View Post
Hi everyone! I'm just letting you know that I made spout free for a few days... starting today! Enjoy it while it's free and don't forget to rate the game

@Connector: Thanks for the feedback on the iPad. I have to admit I didn't test the game on the iPad, only on a 7 inches android tablet. I'll try to see what I can do for the next update!
Thanks, if you are going to make an analog stick option, it would be great to make it floating, so it would play well on big ipads. Thxs!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:40 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by birslip View Post
Thanks for the feedback nightc1! Regarding the controls I agree it's nowhere near real buttons virtual buttons are not the best thing. I'll try to make an option for an analog stick for the next update as it seems to be a recurrent request from players.

Concerning the difference between this version and other version on other platforms it's mainly due to the fact that I had to build this from scratch as the source code from the "open source" version was kind of not usable as it was and needed to be modernized to fit on a "tall" screen. I tried to be as close as possible but it will never be exactly the same. As for changing the colors when you pass a level... I don't know. It's personal but I prefer the simplicity of the grayscale version. I've actually played a bit with the colors at the beginning so it might appear in a special mode in the next update!
Hey, I'm happy to post some feedback. Other than a positive review it's the least I can do considering the current promotion.

The more options the better . I don't think the touch screen is as big a control issue as just getting to know how to program for it to get good precision. I've played so many games on iOS that just had amazingly perfect controls that I crossed over from disbelief about gaming on touchscreens to considering it my main platform.

Any other changes would just be a plus. I'd love a mode with more gravity, different scoring, and colors... but that's me. I'm just glad there's an option for spout on iOS.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Banned
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Hey, I'm happy to post some feedback. Other than a positive review it's the least I can do considering the current promotion.

The more options the better . I don't think the touch screen is as big a control issue as just getting to know how to program for it to get good precision. I've played so many games on iOS that just had amazingly perfect controls that I crossed over from disbelief about gaming on touchscreens to considering it my main platform.

Any other changes would just be a plus. I'd love a mode with more gravity, different scoring, and colors... but that's me. I'm just glad there's an option for spout on iOS.
I posted a bunch of ideas on the first page. Any suggestions that you like? I'd also like to see this game be expanded and come into its own, become more than a port
Old 12-12-2013, 04:32 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
I posted a bunch of ideas on the first page. Any suggestions that you like? I'd also like to see this game be expanded and come into its own, become more than a port
... let me look...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
As for suggestions (I haven't made it that far so some of these could already be in the game)
- Indestructable objects that allow your thrust to bounce off, would allow for some puzzle-esque scenarios
- Moving obstacles - then you could have shrinking tunnels and areas like that
- Mode with a wall of death or laser chasing you, need to act/react faster to succeed
- since you're on a space mission, maybe enemies with different behaviors (block your thrust, absorb your thrust and spray it back at you, absorb your thrust and explode)
- maybe picks up or power ups (slow motion, super thrust, shield that lets you carve straight through obstacles, etc.)
I'm all for other modes with pretty much any other type of gameplay. Of these ideas I like the idea of indestructable objects. Most of the ideas though I think would sort of require more fixed levels rather than procedurally generated levels. But, Hey, I'm for that too. I love the gameplay of pure basic spout... but variety is always nice.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi everyone, it's been a while since the last update but it's coming really soon! I've been listening to your requests and added two new modes and a virtual joystick

The two new modes are
- an "hyper" mode, where the throttle is always on and the speed is up – which make the game super hard... but challenging! That's my personal favorite
- an "adventure" mode which is more slow-paced and where the goal is to collect "bonus points", this mode is featuring a new way of procedurally generating the level (see the screenshots).

I hope you'll enjoy it. The update should be live at the end of the week, I'll keep you in touch anyway.

Old 06-14-2014, 04:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

I set the game free on iPhone/iPad for a couple of days! Enjoy it while you can
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Hi everyone! I just released an update!

What's new:
- The game has now music in (finally!)
- It's fully optimized for iPhone 6/6+
- An ad is displayed every now of then at the end of the game
- Various improvements (UI, Facebook/Twitter sharing, music/sounds on or off)
- The virtual joystick is now the default control method (and the best in my opinion)

Let me know what you think or if you have any issue with the update. I hope you'll enjoy it