[WIP] Skyjumper - Android and iOS

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kelde, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Kelde

Kelde Member

Feb 4, 2014
    #1 Kelde, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    [​IMG]

Greetings!

Im totally new on these forums as ive been a steady Android user for the last years, but now we made a game and its time to get familiar with this side of things aswell!

We are a small 2 man indiecompany named Nordic Pixel, stationed in Norway...pretty much all the way to the north,hence the name. Yes my company icon is a frozen pixel.

We started this game as a mere experiment and it sort of mutated out of control from there as we kept adding and adding new stuffs. Now we stopped adidng, and we focused on finishing.

The game is called Skyjumper,after a ton of debates with friends and other devs, this is the name that won,out of many others. The game is a "spinning" fast paced sorta platfomer,but notreally, where you jump form hooks to hook using gravity and speed and ALOT of timing.

The game offers around 100+ levels that spans across,for now, 5 diffrent enviroments,each introducing new hooks to make it more challenging. The rewards you receive in this game is for ecploring and gathering all gems(Gem Trophy), for beating the levels within the time trial limit and post the highscore(Time Medals) and lastly the games currency, Sky Gems. these are hidden around the levels, some in open sight but are very difficult to reach. They can be spent on a number of new characters,purely estethic, we didnt want to add any new mechanics with them since in not a fan of IAP's anyway,why force people.

We must ofcourse make a living since we quit our jobs, but we are very....careful, dont wanna go all candy crush on people either.

and here's a gameplay video, this is very early in the development as we have a new UI now along with a bunch of stuff.

http://youtu.be/WM8VnWXWevE

and some screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We would very much appreciate if you supported us by hopping over to https://www.facebook.com/Nordicpixel?ref=hl aswell, we are pretty much newborn as a company and would really love to get to know more developers for future collabs and all that good stuff!

Im a freelancer aswell, so if you need graphics for prototypes, these screenshots lets you know alittle of what im capable of! This is my "childish" style:p

thanks for looking guys!

2. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    The gameplay looks like alien with magnet... Since you don't like IAP I bet this will be a paid game, or may be you can use free to try with IAP to unlock all levels.
    Anyway, I like the art of your game. Looking forward into this :)

3. Kelde

Kelde Member

Feb 4, 2014
    No im not very fond of the IAP structure, but the way things are going it seems like a must. I would LOVE to be a pay once game, and if that supports us we will try.

Alien with magnet i have never heard about, but i recently saw another magnet game with some crazy cartoon character flying around, cant remember the name. We developed this game without looking for simular games HOPING it was kinda unique, turns out theres a few games like this already:p go figure, but i kinda knew we'd see some eventually.

thanks alot, im also looking forward to it beeing finished!:p

4. Kelde

Kelde Member

Feb 4, 2014
    ok just checked out Alien with Magnet, pretty simular mechanics, but alot slower tho. Captain Magnet (looked it up) looks very simular to Skyjumper, but its a Corona game i learned so no wonder i hadnt seen it before.

Beeing original is impossibru!:p

5. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Played An Alien With A Magnet a lot, but your game looks also like a lot of fun, will download it as soon as it hits, good luck with your launch.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I like what I see and your stance with IAP. Didnt like the route the other games took so this will be the perfect replacement :)

Edit: And the art looks awesome!

7. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #7 bigrand1, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    I'll second that! ;)

8. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'll third that! ;)

9. Kelde

Kelde Member

Feb 4, 2014
    Hahahah too kind,thanks alot guys! Im currently working on giving the enviroment some more "life", aswell as give the characters a few more minor animations to make them seem more interactive with whatever happens to them. Its eyecandy i know, but messing with candy these days is FUN!

10. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    And I will fourth that!!!