★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Plunder Kings - Shoot, Loot and Get Reckless!

08-29-2017, 11:24 AM
Curious about how Plunder Kings controls?

We're still working hard on it and we should have a release date within the next couple weeks. The gambling and shooting mechanics need to be perfect before we can give one. If you have any questions by all means ask.
09-06-2017, 02:52 PM
If you're in the New Jersey area this weekend come by Parsippany and play the Plunder Kings alpha!

In the coming weeks we're going to have new gameplay as the gambling mechanics are balanced and become presentable.

09-15-2017, 01:28 PM
We've been silent for a little while because we've been working on balancing and adding all of the different mechanics to the game. I just wanted to stop by and show a little preview of some of the in game challenges that will pop up during play. Completing them will earn multipliers on the final score and some that involve special enemies can produce bonus loot!

09-22-2017, 01:23 PM
Here's a sneak peek at what we're working on for gambling in Plunder Kings. This menu will pop up and let you bet before play starts.

If you could gamble on one thing in the game what would you like to bet on?
09-22-2017, 02:56 PM
Okay holy shit... this looks beautiful. Super GBA-esque looking sprites

Gambling aspect mixes things up nicely as well, I'm pumped to see more! Any chance of a gameplay vid sometime soon?

I'd like to bet on the number of super attacks I use, maybe? Or the amount of health/lives I lose

Last edited by JCho133; 09-22-2017 at 03:00 PM.
09-22-2017, 11:16 PM
This looks fantastic....
I'd say have multiple options to bet on, so that players can choose their own style, or take a risk depending on what they have a lot or a little of.
So, kills, ammo, lives, waves, weapon types?
09-25-2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Okay holy shit... this looks beautiful. Super GBA-esque looking sprites

Gambling aspect mixes things up nicely as well, I'm pumped to see more! Any chance of a gameplay vid sometime soon?

I'd like to bet on the number of super attacks I use, maybe? Or the amount of health/lives I lose
Whoa thanks so much on the kind words! I should have another gameplay video up soon like within the next 2 weeks. We just did a big overhaul on the size of everything, bringing it down a little bit to fit more on screen. When that and the gambling mechanics are finalized then I'll start recording as there will be a ton of new content to show.

Great suggestion on the bets. I really like the super attacks idea, I'm passing it to the lead programmer now who makes all the final decisions. I'll let you know what he thinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
This looks fantastic....
I'd say have multiple options to bet on, so that players can choose their own style, or take a risk depending on what they have a lot or a little of.
So, kills, ammo, lives, waves, weapon types?
Vector we're definitely having multiple options to bet on. Right now we've got waves and kills. Ammo might be interesting and lives/health keeps popping up. I'll definitely pass this over to the lead programmer as well. Thanks for the great suggestions!
10-02-2017, 01:03 PM
As promised new footage with a sneak peek at the gambling screen which is also missing a ton of art at the moment. Don't judge us too hard!

Any questions about anything? I'll be happy to field them.
10-03-2017, 11:44 AM
If you're in the NYC area we'll be here with Plunder Kings:

October 28th, 2pm at Microsoft New York [It's across the street from Port Authority]
10-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Ok check out this new footage of completing a bet while in game! Full version is here.