How to get apps recommended on Google Play???

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Jacky, May 10, 2014.

1. Jacky

Jacky Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Hi All,

I have just released my game Warfare Nations on Google Play http://goo.gl/tKHYIK, and the performance is just so so. I can't find it on the store by searching with the game title. what's wrong with it?

So I'd like to know whether you guys have any experiences in getting your apps recommended on Google Play. I have checked out many informations said that the app should with high quality, large volume of downloads, good reviews and ratings, etc. But I also find that some apps with low ratings and small volume of downloads still getting recommended on Google Play. I don't know how they made it.

Should we self recommend or just wait for the Google editor's picking up? What the hell is the criteria for recommendation? Can anyone help me or just share some experiences? Thank you very much. :)

2. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I just did a search with the game title and yours is the first result.

3. ChaosInteractive

ChaosInteractive Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Game developper
    France
    Hello, I download your game. It seems cool.

I think your download rate is good, you have already +600 rating. What do you do for your marketing plan?

4. Jacky

Jacky Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Thank you. We have got many downloads from Russian, but the paid conversion rate is not very satisfied. However, low downloads from USA but with high conversion rate. We haven't done any marketing work. So do you have any suggestions on marketing, especially on high paid conversion rate such as USA, Japan and Korean?

5. Jacky

Jacky Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    Yes, the search result is the exact one now. Maybe the reason is that the downloads has risen. Do you have any experience in getting recommended on Google Play? :)