Release Problems?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Touchmint, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    So since itunes connect has changed I have not manually released an app. I had my new ATF game set to launch on the 22nd. I set the release date to the 22nd in the pricing section but nothing has happend for NZ this morning.

Do I need to click the release this version button as well? I figured clicking that would release it right away instead of at the date i set (which is now passed for NZ)

2. Stingman

Stingman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 14, 2012
    App / Game Developer
    The Bay Area
    I had the same thing happen to me. Until I manually released it, it didn't show. The bad part was that it didn't make it into the new released apps for the desired release date. By the time it did make it into the list it was already buried under 100 other apps 2 days later so it basically never got the first visible boost either. Was a shame.

I'd be interested to knowing whatever you discover regarding this. Maybe it's just changed up a little bit. I'd hit that release version button yes. It's what I had to do.

3. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Yea it's a bit confusing but it looks like it won't release until you hit that even if you have your pricing date set.

4. Xammond

Xammond Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    That don't seem right, you want it to launch at midnight in each country automatically. Anything less would not be acceptable - with a new app especially.

5. We did a manual release for our recent game because we weren't sure how Apple would time the automatic release. It took about ~2 hours after manually releasing the game before it went live. It was in the Processing for App Store status for most of that time.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Thats what the confusion was about. You must now first press the release this version button on the main page and then have your pricing time set to when you want to release it. Its confusing as hell and I learned the hard way. Luckily my game has done pretty well but who knows what would have happened it if launched on time. Featured? who knows?

7. Xammond

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    Perhaps the launch day which we create when registering the app needs to be set way in to the future. Though I just uploaded a binary just 3 days late from when it was intended, we shall see how manual release goes on this one if and when it passes submission.

8. Xammond

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    Well I asked for that and failed submission. I give up.

9. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    why did you fail?

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    maybe their app got rejected?

11. Xammond

Mar 22, 2014
    UK
    Indeed there were a couple of minors; I hadn't enabled Game Center but somehow their (iTC) build popped up the button, plus allowing background music key was incorrectly set to allow the app to [never] play music in the background.

Thing is I can fix those within the hour but getting hold of a Mac for the file transfer [protocol] is a mission.