Giana Sisters crashing?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by kelthos, Feb 25, 2010.

1. kelthos

kelthos New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Hey there,

Just went and purchased Giana Sisters the other day (been looking forward to this title for some time now) only to find that the game crashes back to the "desktop" everytime i try to open it.

I have tried shutting down the phone, deleting the app, re-installing it, downloading again....running out of ideas.

Is this a problem that is isolated to this game, or is this something that can commonly occur with iphone apps?

Are there any fixes or information that people can provide?

Thanks for your time :)

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I have a 3Gs, too, and have not a had single crash with Giana Sisters -- and I haven't heard of anybody else encountering such a game-killing bug. Obviously, you shouldn't expect iPhone games to crash on start-up.

The usual questions at this point is: is your phone jailbroken? Are you running anything in the background? Back-to-springboard crashes are often the result of low system memory.

Are you deleting and reinstalling the game from iTunes, or are you redownloading from the App Store?

3. JustAGamer

JustAGamer Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Hi. I bought Giana Sisters on the first day it was released and, so far, I have never encountered a game crash. I am playing the game on 3GS 3.1x too.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Try a restore.

5. kelthos

kelthos New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I might have look at a restore I think.

Just purchased Final Fantasy 1 and it too crashes :S Expensive game not have working... Weird thing is, I purchased Devil Invasion the same day and have not had any problems with it.

My phone iphone 3gs isn't Jailbroken, have tried reinstalling from both itunes and the appstore to no avail.

Will see how the restore goes and post results.

Thanks very much for your input :)

6. BlazeX444

BlazeX444 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    mine doesnt crash, it just lags big time in towns....

7. kelthos

kelthos New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Ok, so full phone restore fixed the issue for both games :)

Huzzah!