Which are good publishers for a 3D puzzle game?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by binaryhelix, Feb 14, 2014.

1. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    #1 binaryhelix, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    We are the developers behind the popular game Dangerous. We have a new game called "Helle" which is a cross between Where's My Water and Minecraft. We spent a year developing and refining it. I'm contacting potential publishers to see which one would be the best match for us. Other than, say, Chillingo and Crescent Moon, can any other devs recommend a good publisher especially one which specializes in puzzle games?

* Built with Unity
    * 3D blocky fluid physics
    * 20 challenging single-player levels
    * Build your own levels and share them
    * Co-op multiplayer (building and raiding)
    * An engaging and unique "cardboard" art style
    * Music composed by renowned composer Sean Beeson
    * Premium single-player game augmented with IAP for multiplayer

Here's the trailer:

Thanks!

Linh

2. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Please add some lighting. Even just a different one for each face will be enough to massively improve the look of your game.

JC

3. binaryhelix

binaryhelix Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    There actually is lighting/shading (as you can see with later levels in the video), but it isn't dynamic. The canyons look nicely shaded for example. I do agree that we could do even more to improve the lighting, but part of our concern is performance for older devices since the fluid engine can take up a lot of CPU for larger fluid sims. Perhaps we could improve the shader even more down the road. Thanks for the feedback!