Universal Dragons, Murder, Traitor, Love, War, all in a whole new shooter - Shoot the Dragons

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Passion, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Passion

Passion Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2016
    #1 Passion, Jul 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Update: 3rd round of testing has been started, plz check your emails to download Version 1.2.0 (74) from TestFlight.
    Check out more information in this post: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=292511

Hi everyone!
    We are players and game designers, we love action game very much and designed a endless shooter with a few months. The game is Shoot the Dragons. If you like shooting games, try this, PM me to join TestFlight or send your email to [email protected]

:)What did TouchArcade Editor say::)
    http://toucharcade.com/2016/07/27/shoot-the-dragon-trailer/

[​IMG]
    Gameplay trailer:

For more information, follow us: https://twitter.com/weedogames

Design with our whole heart
    Consistent immersion
    We think that games should be developed by constantly thinking from the perspective of the player, and make consistent immersion for the player. For making consistent immersion for the player, we made many designs with our whole heart in Shoot the Dragons
    [​IMG]

Funny boss and monster design
    We focus on appearance, expression, the interaction with the player to make monster and Boss interesting. Funny Appearance, emotional and interesting interaction.
    Every boss have a wonderful and full of suspense story.

Playing Shoot the Dragons,you will not only feel great battle, but also experience a hero journey, explore a funny and mystery world.
    Mystery region full of story
    [​IMG]

How we design Shoot the Dragons
    Good pace design for a long time
    Many action game on mobile have terrible pace design, most of them only have one pace not varied. For making Shoot the Dragons rich and varied, we defined many pace models to make the pace varied. Each pace model have high period and low period, high period makes the player feel excited, low period let the player relax. Many games just have one pace model, low-high-low-high-repeat, that’s boring. We mixed up different pace models and made Shoot the Dragons great.
    [​IMG]

Good passive behavior design
    When you play a action game, if your behavior always repeat, you will fall sleep. We defined 6 action models to make your behavior varied.
    [​IMG]

Key features:
    - Cool buddy system, take your buddy to fight
    - Collection system, collect to uncover the story
    - Prop system, many cool props.
    - Upcoming features: ranking system, social system, and more...

For more information, follow us: https://twitter.com/weedogames

2. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Interesting uh....acronym for your game.

Any ways this looks really good, free to play I'm guessing?

3. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This is one S.T.D. You will want to get...

I'm sending you a pm because I'm interested in learning more about your S.T.D.

Also once we get this S.T.D. Will it be hard to get off your device once you are finished beating it?
    Or will we have to consault other members on their experience with it on there device ?

Ok I'm done now.
    Sending a pm . This game
    Looks great

4. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    #4 Passion, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Hi, JackDerp
    Its our pleasure you like S.T.D.. We will appreciate it if you join our test, it's really a good game.
    Any ways this looks really good, free to play I'm guessing?
    Answer: It’s not yet decide wether it’s free or paid.

Thanks again! Every player’s suggestion encourage us. You made the game better and better. Weedo, we do it for you.

5. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    #5 Passion, Jul 27, 2016
    Hi, Jayg2015
    Its our pleasure you like S.T.D.. Thank you for your application. We have enrolled you into this beta testing. Beta testing will be started soon, you will get an email.

Also once we get this S.T.D. Will it be hard to get off your device once you are finished beating it?
    Or will we have to consault other members on their experience with it on there device ?
    Answer: Don’t worry, it’s easy to get off.

Thanks again! Every player’s suggestion encourage us. You made the game better and better. Weedo, we do it for you.

6. mj132

mj132 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Looks cool I've sent you a PM with my email

7. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    #7 Passion, Jul 28, 2016
    Hi, mj132
    That's cool you join our test. Beta testing will be started soon, you will get an email.

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Hi! How about MFi support?
    S.T.D.'s humor reminds me a bit of Parodius.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just read this as i got an invite to check this game out... Made my day. :D

10. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    Happy to get a tip to come join this beta as well. Clever work with the title. :D

11. Mrbestapps

Mrbestapps Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2015
    I'll join the beta if you have spots :) I'll provide ratings and feedback. I have testflight ofc.

12. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm just wondering as you devs don't seem like English is your first language. You do know what STD stands for right?

Just wondering if it's an intentional use of the acronym or not.

13. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I sent my test flight info via email. I like the gameplay video. It looks like an interesting game.

Billy

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I got an invite to the thread to volunteer for beta testing. You definitely might want to change the acronym for this one!

15. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Just liberally apply natural yoghurt 3 times a day for a week, it'll clear up no problem......although phone calls and music may be muffled for a while. #

16. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Thanks for the TestFlight invitation! I played for a bit and these are my first impressions:

I think the game is a little too hard right from the start. Enemy waves get pretty crowded and projectiles (music notes) are quite big, making them hard to avoid. And with only one life, it feels too unforgiving. I suppose the final version will have some sort of tutorial, but I'd also suggest starting things off a little slower, so the player can get to know the basics without dying a dozen times.

Controls are very responsive, but it would be nice to have an option to adjust the sensitivity. I usually prefer to use direct position controls with my (vertical) shmups, but in a horizontal scroller like this my hand would cover the whole screen. I think for a right-handed person it would be better if the screen scrolled to the right (enemies coming from the left), but I'm not sure how weird other people would find that (or how hard would be implementing it as a selectable option).

I made it to the first boss a few times, but still can't beat it. The game looks good though and it seems to have a good variety of enemies and powerups, so it may be able to keep me interested in coming back to try and get past that first boss.

And finally, the artwork is really nice, but it needs a female character! ;)

17. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    #17 ColeDaddy, Jul 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2016
    Passion, I received an invite from you. Would like to beta test. Love the artwork and gameplay.

18. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I've had a pm about joining the beta, looks like it could be fun

19. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    MFi controller, sounds cool. ;)
    We did not support MFI controller yet, but we are considering it. :)
    Thanks for your appreciation, we love Parodius, that's a fun game.

20. Passion

Jul 12, 2016
    Haha~~ Thankkkkkkkkkkkk you. :)
    Through your posts, I can see, you are clever too. ;)
    Hope you enjoy the game. :cool:
    Plz give some suggestions.