Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 01-23-2015, 08:46 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Just got my preorder of The Order 1886 (no pun intended), I just hope this does turn like Wolfenstein: TNO, under-hyped awesomeness! Please Ready At Dawn, don't f it up
Old 01-24-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutlander View Post
Just got my preorder of The Order 1886 (no pun intended), I just hope this does turn like Wolfenstein: TNO, under-hyped awesomeness! Please Ready At Dawn, don't f it up
Amen.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:51 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Anyone have thoughts on Shadow Warrior? I am mostly looking at it for single player, not online, not competitive - just single player. I know its only $5 currently on PSN for the digital, but the trailer looks like it really meant as a multiplayer experience.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Anyone have thoughts on Shadow Warrior? I am mostly looking at it for single player, not online, not competitive - just single player. I know its only $5 currently on PSN for the digital, but the trailer looks like it really meant as a multiplayer experience.
IIRC is single player only and it's one of the best swordplay based FPS I've ever played, and yes, I'm talking of the PS4 version (my current PC is a potato one so I can play games from 2008 at maximum), I bought it for 20 dollars, for 6 (at least here in MX) it's really worth it.
Old 01-24-2015, 12:24 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutlander View Post
IIRC is single player only and it's one of the best swordplay based FPS I've ever played, and yes, I'm talking of the PS4 version (my current PC is a potato one so I can play games from 2008 at maximum), I bought it for 20 dollars, for 6 (at least here in MX) it's really worth it.
Thanks. Went back and looked at the trailer - it shows a survival mode and Battle Arenas - which is why I was thinking multiplayer.

I will probably pick it up, although it sort of looks like a game that one plays in doses as there is really no "advancement". Just more and more enemies to kill...
Old 01-24-2015, 08:48 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've just finished Dragonage Inquisition and my opinion on it had done a full 180deg turn.

At first I played it for 2-3 hours and it seemed very boring and the combat very dull and tedious but after Xmas I came back to it and started anew.

Tonight I finished it (well, completed the main story) and I have 96 hours and 2 mins on my saved game.

I have to say for me it's goty material, a stunning unputdownable game of the highest order! It rate it 9/10 if not more.

But I almost traded it after that first play.. It's a slow burner, the first few hours seem boring and the combat sucks. 12-20 hrs in and it's fun, 30-40 hrs in and it's awesome!

It's probably the most enjoyable rpg I've played in the last year or two and I plan on doing a second Playthrough with a different race after I've gone through my PS4 game backlog. (Currently: 3)
Old 01-25-2015, 12:03 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 3.x

Looking from the stats and past experience.
Old 01-25-2015, 12:24 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
I've just finished Dragonage Inquisition and my opinion on it had done a full 180deg turn.

At first I played it for 2-3 hours and it seemed very boring and the combat very dull and tedious but after Xmas I came back to it and started anew.

Tonight I finished it (well, completed the main story) and I have 96 hours and 2 mins on my saved game.

I have to say for me it's goty material, a stunning unputdownable game of the highest order! It rate it 9/10 if not more.

But I almost traded it after that first play.. It's a slow burner, the first few hours seem boring and the combat sucks. 12-20 hrs in and it's fun, 30-40 hrs in and it's awesome!

It's probably the most enjoyable rpg I've played in the last year or two and I plan on doing a second Playthrough with a different race after I've gone through my PS4 game backlog. (Currently: 3)
I have an OCD quality that makes me a completionist - and so I am trying to ignore my instincts and just go along the story line, but am frequently doing side quests and collecting things, etc. I have almost 70 hours and am still in Act 1.... Having a blast though. Definitely a very detailed game that can be played in a number of ways. I am playing a dual wielding rogue with Blackwall, Cole, and Vivienne - I try and change the characters around just to see different dialogs pop up. Hard to get rid of Cole though - he is just so bizarre and I like how he "outs" everyone with their secrets.
Old 01-26-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I have an OCD quality that makes me a completionist - and so I am trying to ignore my instincts and just go along the story line, but am frequently doing side quests and collecting things, etc. I have almost 70 hours and am still in Act 1.... Having a blast though. Definitely a very detailed game that can be played in a number of ways. I am playing a dual wielding rogue with Blackwall, Cole, and Vivienne - I try and change the characters around just to see different dialogs pop up. Hard to get rid of Cole though - he is just so bizarre and I like how he "outs" everyone with their secrets.
Be careful you don't level yourself too high, you stop gaining experience for anything 3 levels below you.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:55 AM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by september View Post
Be careful you don't level yourself too high, you stop gaining experience for anything 3 levels below you.
Thanks for letting me know. I am mostly having fun. Just got schematics for tier 3 daggers for my duel wielding rogue and am not even going to make them. Their damage is too high and would make the game sort of a walkthrough.