The Xbox 360 Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by jacksoncombs, Jun 21, 2010.

1. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Cannot wait for Halo 4. Reviews just don't get better than this for a shooter. The embargo just lifted a few minutes ago.

2. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Btw, week after halo is cod black ops 2. Can't wait for both, especially forge on halo (you can edit gravity in certain spots and mirror objects!), and zombies on Cod (8 player, nuketown zombies).

3. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3803 backtothis, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
    It's that time of the year again.

Edit: Every review site has called Halo 4 the best in the series so far. 343 really lived up.

4. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I'm looking forward to Halo 4, but a bit worried about the new Call of Duty take on MP. I'm not a person that can play games for 5 hours a day. Players who can play that long are going to be at an advantage, and I'm already not that great. I really don't need additional, artificial disadvantages. :) Hopefully it's not as bad as CoD, though, and I hear there's a classic mode that doesn't use that unlocking perks/weapons and such approach. So I can always stick to that. An the campaign - I'm looking forward to that.

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Serious FPS gaming is gonna be all about Far Cry 3 :cool:

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    In terms of multiplayer in console shooters, Halo 4 blows away everything. There's just no comparison. None.

Can't wait to run through the campaign with a friend this weekend. Holy shit.

Having a Halo night with friends from all across the country and some from my school tomorrow night. We're planning on getting a party of 8 playing throughout..the entire night. Should be sick.

7. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Sounds awesome! I do the same occasionally with a bunch of friends and we hop into demolition matches on cod! Have Fun! :D And the campaign was awesome, a little on the short side though(only took me 6 and 1/2 hours to complete.

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #3808 backtothis, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    Awesome, haha. Starting it now. 100 in. screen. Shit's about to go down.

Edit: My friend and his roommate went to buy a XBOX 360 just for Halo 4 when I left. Round 2 tonight then. We made it to 10 hours last night..

9. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Made it to 24 hours on Halo 4 in the past 3 days. Not playing any more until my tests are over on Thursday, lol. Black Ops II is out tomorrow. Not that hyped about it. Someone should gift it to me by Christmas either way. Bunch of Black Friday catalogs are already out. Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, a Turtle Beach headset, and Dead Island GOTYE are already on my BF shopping list. More to come, I'm sure.

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I highly recommend getting a turtle beach! One of the best purchases for my 360! It can get a little stale after a year or 2 and the novelty will wear off.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, definitely getting one. Best part is that I can use it for PC games too.

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Reviews for Black Ops II are pretty good. They definitely lack the emotions and enthusiasm seen in the ones for Halo 4 though. Probably a consequence of having a new rendition of the game annually. Can't say I'm convinced to purchase it for myself. Will wait for it as a gift like I said xP.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Wreckateer is free for the 10th anniversary of Xbox Live. It's a Kinect XBLA game in case you weren't aware. Also some sale games. I picked up Castle Crashers finally, for 600 pts. It's been on sale before but I never bought it. Decided to finally.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    $500m in the first 24 hours for BO2. What can you say to that? $200m for Halo 4 and $400m for MW3 last year.

15. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Black Friday Shopping list so far just for the 360:

Best Buy: Dead Island GOTYE $8, AC3 $35

Target: 1600 Microsoft points $10

GameStop: XBOX Live 3 months $12.50, Ghost Recon Future Soldier $25, UMvC $20

Walmart: Forza Horizon $15, Max Payne 3 $15, Borderlands 2 $25, Dishonored $25

I know the list won't be getting smaller as BF gets closer.

16. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I'm so tempted to pick up an Xbox 360 on black Friday. Halo 4 looks so awesome. Only thing is paying for basic online... So used to PSN+ spoiling me.

At the start of this console generation, I wanted the 360 more than the other consoles (Xbox was my favorite last gen console), but ultimately didn't end up getting any of them right away. Ended up with a PS3 as my primary console mainly due to better exclusives, at the cost of not being able to play online with 2/3 of my friends. Have a Wii as well, but that is pretty much just to play Zelda and Metroid.

Would probably be wise to pass on it at this point. New Xbox should be coming soon.

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I've been trying to get rid of my 360 for a good price, don't use the damn thing.

I've been mostly PC/PS3.

18. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Karaoke service coming to Xbox. It's in effect a rental. There are some rotating free tracks, or you can buy a block of time for access to the full library. Interesting. They are certainly experimenting with different approaches. I could see buying a block of time for our next party. It depends on the pricing.

http://playxbla.com/?p=26768

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Insane deals at the Microsoft Store on BF for software: AC3 for $25, Forza Horizon for $15, etc. Literally no other time of the year where it's worth going to the MS to buy anything.

20. Abi646

Abi646 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Damn, went to walmart planning on buying on NFS:HP for $25, ended up getting NBA 2k12, Dishonored also for $25, and Red Dead Redemption for $15. And then I discovered that there is also a Steam sale going on...