What happens when new iPad delivers better resolution?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by PraetorianX, Jan 1, 2012.

1. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    new IPad arrives, with double the screen resolution. Will we have the same problem like now, when trying to play iphone games on ipad? What happens to our games? If anyone with the knowledge could shred some light here, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

2. NickFalk

NickFalk Well-Known Member

Shouldn't make any difference for the games already in existence. Just like the move to retina display on the iPhones the current iPad software should simply be pixel-doubled (resized) so that they look exactly like they do on iPad1 & iPad2.

The real question is whether iPad3 will be able to pull of displaying resource-heavy games like Infinity Blade II in quadrupled resolution. (Not likely in my opinion).

3. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Nothing, Apple wont change the screen size. Its one thing they use to their advantage, that developers only have to develop for 2 devices. Not 10+

4. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Screen size wont be changed, not till next fall at least (there is a rumor about 7 inch IPad coming), but resolution will be doubled on IPad 3. That's what I'm worried about most

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    the 7 inch ipad rumor has been around for ages now.