Kingturn RPG Plus (Mangobile) - strategy RPG

Discussion in 'Android Games' started by undeadcow, Feb 28, 2013.

1. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG]

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mangobile.kingturn2&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W10.

Formerly Sword & Earrings (SW&Ear) on iOS

2. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Friendly bump to strongly recommend the Mangobile games (Kingturn, Kingturn Plus, Kingturn Underworld) to our Android friends.

3. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    #3 bigred447uk, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    These are impressions of Kingturn for iPhone due to be released this Wednesday. The thread is for Kingturn+ ...... My bad .... I will leave my impressions below anyway as they might help Android users get a flavour for the game anyway.

IMPRESSIONS OF KINGTURN (not Kingturn+)

Here are my impressions of the game after a couple of hours with it :-

I've been lucky enough to try this game and I must say it is absolutely gorgeous. It oozes quality from the beautiful little characters that make up your team, the environments, even the menus are stunning and everything is just bursting with quality and neat little touches. The gear is all beautifully drawn too. In terms of overall quality I'm reminded of the golden age of Nintendo when you fired up one of their classics you were guaranteed an amazing adventure.

I've only had chance to play the first 6 scenarios if the game but already I am getting attached to my awesome team that I've already started levelling up and equipping with the spoils of battle. The dialogue is witty and gives the incredible little sprites oodles of personality. I'm quickly getting drawn in to what I know will be an amazing, and long story. I can't begin to imagine how attached to my party I am to become in the coming hours/days/weeks of working through the enormous campaign.

If you like high quality SRPG with engaging story and characters to care about / Loot and levelling with a whole team of players to level up and equip / incredibly polished gameplay from the controls to the amazing music to the story .... ok I'm ranting !

You know when you fire up a game and everything just clicks.

I'm already addicted to equipping my players. I'm addicted to finding out where the story will go. I'm addicted to levelling my characters to increase their skills for battle.

I would happily pay £40 for a game of this quality. If you like SRPG this is a no brainer. If you don't particularly like SRPG the you need this anyway. It's that good.

I've played most notable SRPG that IOS has to offer (apart from this games predecessor's as they were withdrawn from the App Store) and even after 6 scenarios I can confidently say that is the best our platform has to offer IMO.

If you want to enjoy the story and you're not that bothered about strategy then play on default difficulty and you are in for an an entertaining ride. If you an SRPG fan and you like a challenge then crank up the difficulty and the AI is brutal.

This game is the best in its class. IMO it is / will be the best game so far this year out of all genre. There's been some great games this year so far like H&C / Block Fortress / FFV amongst others. This title takes them all IMO.

I will need to play further to see where this sits amongst the classics of the genre like FFT or Front Mission but from what I've experienced I have high hopes.

Look forward to release day SRPG fans you are in for a real treat. I shall be buying the other two games especially if there is a chance they may be removed from the store. If they are a tenth as good as this they are well worth the asking price.

I can't wait for the release on Wednesday night. I shall be staying up to get this amazing game.

(iPhone version but I though my impressions might be useful for Android users anyway :D)

4. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Well, this is sad, keep seeing people mention this in the Upcoming thread for iOS ....and somehow missed this thread that it's already out on Android!

Well, I'm going to give it a go especially since it seems so anxiously awaited on iOS.

5. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #5 undeadcow, Apr 7, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
    Fingers crossed we get Kingturn Plus and Underworlds on iOS.

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Oops my bad ! I shall edit my post ! Sry I'm easily confused !

7. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Kingturn RPG Plus is amazing; I'm really excited about it's upcoming iOS release. Why aren't you Android people talking about this game?