Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: What Apple devices will you be using in November?
iPhone 5/5s 5 50.00%
iPhone 6/6+ 2 20.00%
iPad with Retina 2 20.00%
iPad Air 1 10.00%
iPad Mini Retina 1 10.00%
Older Devices 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2014, 03:13 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to kinshuksunil Send a message via Skype™ to kinshuksunil

Work in Progress:

Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 PM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

Oo looks nice! The new art style reminds me of the old school zeldas
Old 10-02-2014, 10:32 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to kinshuksunil Send a message via Skype™ to kinshuksunil

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscar123967 View Post
Oo looks nice! The new art style reminds me of the old school zeldas

More soon. I am trying to get the audio ready for a preview
Old 10-08-2014, 04:59 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

And here is a taste of the music: https://soundcloud.com/hashstash-stu...age-soundtrack

Sadly, can't embed a widget here directly :'(
Old 11-21-2014, 12:49 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Time for updates fellas. (And sorry for the huge mountain of text)

First of all, very sorry for the lack of any updates in the last 3 months. Things have been very complex and chaotic.

First, we released Huerons, which was published by Bulkypix. The game got featured by Apple in the Best New Games in over 45 countries and we had some decent first week sales. Since, then things have been downhill and we had to work on an update to fix a number of issues that players faced. That has been taken care of now and the update should come out sometime in January.

After that we got stuck with some services contracts (the bills need to be paid after all, and sadly game sales aren't enough). That has eaten away a lot of time and mental peace, delaying this game.

And we have started working on a Cricket simulation game aiming at the World Cup next year. More word on it soon in a different thread.

Oh! the pains of being indie.

Meanwhile, work on Splash Damage has been going on extensively. Earlier, we promised to quickly release version 0.7 of the game, but over the months we are now at version 0.9.2. And yes there are a lot of changes in the game. I will talk about them here.

But first a quick video of how the game looks (this is an hour old):

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

We are trying to get an update out, so that all of you can experience it first-hand. Facing some issues with submission with Apple, hopefully we will submit by Monday and the build should be out in another (7-10) days. I will post another 20 promo codes here then.

Now, what's changed:

First of all, as you can see: THE ART.
We have mixed feedback on the character art, and the game has a slight brightness issue which we are working on. But we have gone full retro with the art. Matwek has done some really good work on the assets and animations and that shows in the game. I did post a screenshot earlier, but sometimes a picture isn't enough.

Next of course is the Audio. The team at 3Quavers has done an amazing job with the soundtrack. We have some really nifty integrations going on there (not sure how much justice the video does, but you will see when you play the game).

There is an added layer of optimization to the physics and game play. It should still feel right at home for players of the previous versions and yet welcoming to new players.

There is an objective system in place as well (it looks ugly and difficult to notice at first, but that's still under works). The game gives you challenges to meet, and reward you with unlocking (and upgrading) power-ups. This is not very noticeable yet. We are working on it.

There is a simplified tutorial system.
We have also done away with the tilt-based control scheme. Now, the input scheme is only tap-based. We find that useful since the game can be played with a single hand as well on phones.

We need people with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus to play the game, maybe make videos and share with us. Because we want to see how the game performs on those monsters of devices.

I will shut up now and get the update ready. I think I will repeat a lot of this again, when I post the update here.

Opinions, Observations, Feedback on the video welcome. Bear with us.

Also, here is the game's official web page http://hashstash.in/project/splash-damage. We will update it as we go along.