★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Space Simulator is the most realistic and immersive space flight simulator on the mobile market today. Explore the entire Solar System with its planets, moons and major bodies with the spacecraft of your choosing.

The game features over 30 missions, with more being added with each update. Popular missions include the full Apollo and Space Shuttle programs, the SLS lunar program and X15 hypersonic spaceplane missions.

Player can choose to re-enact historical missions or create their custom sandbox scenario on any of the major planets or their moons.

Space Simulator is the only app to feature an accurately sized Solar System operating with real physics. Using a proprietary physics engine mobile devices are able to run complex double precision simulations for the very first time.

The level of detail of simulation is unrivalled. Our 3D virtual cockpits come with comprehensive Multi Functional Displays reporting on every aspect of your flight data. The Apollo modules comes with the Apollo Guidance Computer and DSKY running actual code from the 60s. All terrain is modelled with NASA imagery/altitude data.

Land on the Moon; enjoy the magnificent views of Earth from orbit; plan a trip to a faraway planet; practise your favorite orbital maneuvers doing gravitational slingshots, Hohmann transfer orbits, rendezvous or dock with the ISS; perfect your Space Shuttle landings or go to the edge of space and back with the hypersonic X15 Aircraft. The possibilities are endless and as unbounded as your wildest astronautic dreams.

Features:

- Full scale Solar System with planets, asteroids and major moons to explore
- Visual orbit planner to design transfer orbits
- High resolution textures on major celestial bodies
- Double precision physics solver for real-scale and sub-millimeter resolution
- Software level emulation of the Apollo Guidance computer (Apollo missions)
- 3D planetary surfaces with mountains, craters, valleys
- Futuristic space-planes for full Solar System exploration
- resizeable MFDs (orbit, surface, transfer, docking, flight, maps, HSI, etc.)
- 3D zoomable and touch-enabled virtual cockpits (Apollo program)
- Original audio on selected Apollo missions

Missions:

- full Apollo Program and Space Shuttle missions
- Space Launch System (SLS) missions
- experimental North American X-15 missions
- ISS docking
- custom missions
- free flight missions
03-05-2015, 04:36 PM
Is this the one buzz aldrin was involved with?

03-05-2015, 04:37 PM
Holy whaaaaaa?!

This looks awesome.
03-05-2015, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Is this the one buzz aldrin was involved with?
No, that's going to be published by Slitherine and still coming soon, apparently.
03-05-2015, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousringo View Post
Holy whaaaaaa?!

This looks awesome.
This IS awesome. Been having a keen eye on it since I found out about it in Upcoming Games thread.
Snapped it up straight away when the devs said it was live today.

Only spent an hour or so with it so far but if you are after a deep and complex simulator that you need to research, understand and learn you can't go wrong. It's very detailed and seemingly the devs have been very accurate in modelling the various ship systems/computers and solar system. It looks really great.

Seriously, first time you launch and see the Earths horizon getting gradually more curved, and the darkness of space and the stars appearing, and the halo of atmosphere around our planet blend into view, and Earths cloud systems becoming visible over vast distances.... it's a beautiful moment in gaming and they done it REALLY nicely (to see that for real, I can't comprehend how amazing it must be!). I'm happy with seeing it just in game-form for now though!

Back to the game: the instructions/manual definitely need some work. Even referring to their Wiki leaves me somewhat baffled but I love figuring out simulators through trial and error anyway, so it's all good fun. I'm totally not sure what buttons to press to make the ship do what's needed

There is so much to it! Launching, orbiting calculations, navigating, docking to satellites and other craft, landing on the moon, relaunching from the moon to dock back with the command module. It's all here, and mastering it will be a real challenge. Looking forward to get my head around it over the weekend.

I managed to manually fly the shuttle back from orbit through earths atmosphere but used all my fuel so kind of smashed into the sea at 6000m/s which probably isn't healthy. There must be a way to do it "properly" but I didn't get that far yet Surprised it didn't burn up before getting near the ground (although it was a big fireball lol). Parachute didn't work either.

TL;DR - if you are not scared off by a game that totally doesn't hold your hand, and you love space, this should be on your device.
03-06-2015, 01:58 AM
Really really awesome simulator!!! I only Hope to see it in iPhone very soon!!!
03-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Not a clue what to do but I can tell it's brilliant. Crashed into the sea whilst trying to get to the moon. Story of my life. It does remind me somewhat of being 12 and everyone loving Elite, except me, who just couldn't dock and couldn't be bothered learning how to dock. Anyhow, this is quite probably brilliant if you have the time and energy to work out what to do. I hope that once all the missions are complete there's a bonus shooter round. That'd make it perfect.
07-10-2015, 05:24 PM
Can't wait to play this looks so awesome
Their Facebook says July 8th new update w iPhone added should be any day around that date... Fingers crossed it's soon
07-11-2015, 09:11 AM
Never heard of this until yesterday. Have to get an iTunes card today so I can get this. This looks awesome
07-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Can't wait to play this looks so awesome
Their Facebook says July 8th new update w iPhone added should be any day around that date... Fingers crossed it's soon
Yes, they declared a date around 8th July... Finger crossed! I can't wait to play this great sim on my little iphone!!!