Game Ideas you don't want to talk about

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by brof, Jan 22, 2009.

1. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Hi folks,

I have a great game idea for a puzzle game, but I don't want to talk about it... because I don't want the idea to get stolen...

what about you guys?

cheers,
    brof

2. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    I have an idea about topics that I don't really understand the point of. I wouldn't mind those topics getting stolen. ;-)

Just kidding. What would you like to achieve in this topic? Gathering people who also have an idea but don't want to talk about it? (Which wouldn't make sense, I think)
    Or are you looking for developers who can help you creating the game? Then you might have better picked a better topic title. :)

3. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Until the prototype is up and running, I wouldn't bet on any idea.

4. So let me get this straight- you want to talk about games that we don't actually want to talk about?

Hmmm. What's wrong here?

5. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    What an odd topic.

6. RedStaR

RedStaR Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I don't think you have to worry about anyone stealing your puzzle game idea.

I'd rather not have to wait for good games to be released because we have to wait for a puzzle game to get approved.

Long story short....I think you should keep that puzzle game to yourself...& by yourself I mean on your phone only

7. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Male
    Product Designer/Mobile Game Developer
    PA, USA
    I have an idea for a "sport" game that hasn't been done on any platform yet. It would earn whoever makes it a ton of money. It would be perfect for the iPhone - it would use the accelerometer and multi-touch to play it. It could be multiplayer, and it has so many ways on being updated and enhanced. It would have ads in it for revenue but not where it bothers the person seeing the ad.

I have an idea for some alternate sport titles that haven't been made on any platform. They are for small niche groups so they probably wouldn't sell great. The control that I have thought up for these games would make them worth playing for non-fans.

I have an idea for a game that is not so much a game as a relaxing artform that would appeal to kids and creative types. It has never been done on any system to date. The idea is so good I wish I could sell it!

Too bad I don't know how to code. Too bad my artwork sills are still being worked on and I am not far enough to do my own 3D graphics (yet). Too bad I don't have spare money to hire people to create these games for me. Someday I am going to make someone a lot of money, hopefully some of it spills over into my pocket.

I know this thread is a joke, but I am not kidding.

8. fairlady

fairlady Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Owner: Fairlady Media
    Raleigh, NC
    Funny responses so far. If I were asked for advice on whom to tell, here's what I'd say:
    1. Tell your family and friends. But then don't listen to them when they say it's a great idea, because they'll say that about almost any idea you have, because they like you.
    2. Don't tell your ex-friend who is a speedy iPhone developer.
    3. Tell your acquaintances who have iPhones and regularly play puzzle games (but who are not devs). If they rave about it, then develop the game.
    I guess it's a good thing no one has asked me for advice on this. ;)

9. BulletDev

BulletDev Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    produce applications under "Bullet Development"
    Vancouver, BC
    If we don't want to discuss them, then what's the point of this thread :p

I have many though, they just need some thought.

10. HouseTreeRobot

HouseTreeRobot Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Living.
    UK
    I don't wanna talk about it.

11. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    thanks for your responses... I am a little paranoid about that puzzle game :)

but actually I am working on it at the moment, building a prototype for PC (but I can't show it for obvious reasons)...

just wanted to know if some other folks feel the same paranoia about their ideas... that puzzle game is pretty fleshed out, but I can't give away the mechanics... yet.

I make an example: if my idea would have been to put together RPG elements with Bejeweled, Spells, Experience points, how you match gems to gather mana and so on... I could not share ...

really I feel some kind of paranoia :rolleyes:

but I think there are more devs with paranoia out there...

cheers,
    brof

12. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I am working on an app that I don't want to talk about. I would tell you the idea, but I don't want to talk about it. Too bad :p.

What exactly is the point of this thread?

13. wildmatt

wildmatt Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    #13 wildmatt, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
    I'd love to code for the iPod Touch but I don't have an Apple and don't even know what code it uses... I know HTML, C++, VBasic, PHP, CGI, CSS.... I got an idea for an iPhone game, it's a PSP game ripoff but damn I'd love to make it if I could.

I already have it half assed done (in VB) as a high school program from a couple years back. It's basically the Killzone PSP game for PC, but I could see it work on the iDevices.

14. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Paranoia

15. mjonesgraphics

mjonesgraphics Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Artist/Designer
    Washington DC area
    Yup! ;)

Mark
    http://www.mjonesgraphics.com

16. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    >>Looks over shoulder<< Hey, check this out guys. Oh, sorry, I can't 'cuz it's a secret....:p

17. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Ahh. I'm kinda....para-......-noid......:eek:*runs away*

18. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
  19. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    You should sell the idea to Gameloft. They are all about ripping off games from other platforms :) Just kidding. Go work for Gameloft.

20. brof

brof Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Software Architect
    Stuttgart, Germany
    shhh, you are not supposed to discuss game ideas here :D