Fish Have No Souls

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Brilliant AiRic, Jan 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brilliant AiRic

Brilliant AiRic Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Wisconsin
    #1 Brilliant AiRic, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
    Hey guys take a minute to look at an iOS game that I've been working on.

Trailer May 15, 2014

Posted Feb 19, 2014

First look video from Jan 8, 2014 (this is old and some stuff has changed - the biggest being that it's an endless game)

Why I'm working on this game
    I love shooter games, but I’ve never really experienced a shooter on a touch device that I like. You know one with controls that fully immerse you in the experience. Fish Have No Souls is a little game I've been working on that takes a stab at the shooter genre. My hope is that it will redefine how we experience shooters on touch devices. It’s currently still in progress, but it’s getting closer completion. Here’s a look at the games current state.

Some story I've been working on for the game
    I see into the place where damned fish souls swim in the murky waters after their deaths. Fish have no dignity among humanity, which is why they’re banished here. They are treated as if they have no souls. Only in this realm their consciousness becomes self-aware and their sight is taken from them as if it were designed to drive them mad.

Only with my vision into the realm can they be saved. Using my power, which illuminates from my fingertips, I can free them. Once my vision strikes them I cannot miss for if I do they are forced to swim in the murky waters forever.

@FishHaveNoSouls

2. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Woooooaaaahhhhh this is awesome! And the fact that it's only 50% complete gives it so much potential. It kinda makes me think of a retro shooter + Fruit Ninja because of the way you have to line them up for combos. I gotta say, this is a great original concept.

Where do you see the game expanding to? Power ups? An endless mode? I'd be interested to hear more

3. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

I'm impressed! Can't wait to see the end result!

4. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    I would love to see this at 100%.

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Yeah, this is a good start! Gotta say I'm interested to see the final product here! I'll keep an eye out for this.

6. Brilliant AiRic

Brilliant AiRic Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Independent Developer
    Wisconsin
    Thank you so much for your kind comments! You have no clue how much energy an enthusiasm you guys gave me over the last month. Good news, I'd say the game is roughly 70% done. I posted a new video that you can see above.

Hey JCho133 - I want to stick to one polished mode for launch. I was working on a one minute (sugar) version of the game, but I think you'll be pleased to know I recently decided to make the game endless.

I want to continue polishing the game, adding more level power ups things, and more combos. I'd like to make as many of these as I can, so the game feels fresh every time.

I setup some things, so you guys can subscribe via email on the website or to any of the social medias. I'll keep you updated when the game goes live on these channels or if you just subscribe to this post that works too.