Be the epic raid boss in Like a Boss!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Schwarzenego, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    #1 Schwarzenego, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    Hey everyone!

Wanted to show you a little glimpse of the newest game of Fire Horse Studio (a very small indie studio in Brazil in which I happen to work), called Like a Boss!

The treasures you’ve conquered over the millennia are now in danger. The pathetic players, the so called “heroes”, are gathering at this very moment, plotting to destroy your kingdom. Focus. Equip your most powerful armor and weapons. The reckless mortals know they are no match for you, and will come in great numbers. Hone your skills and make deadly combinations, for a game of life and death awaits you. Place your deadly traps along your room, and prepare for the carnage that is soon to begin. After all, YOU are the boss, and no one touches what is yours.

In this epic, yet comic game, face countless heroes that are organized with one goal. To murder you and wear your head as a helmet. Take advantage of your size and power, and of course, of their incompetence, to crush wave after wave of battle ready players. Witness grown men crying like babies, kill the damned healers, face the meter-crazed damage dealers, and easily kill noobs that stand in the fire in Like a Boss!

I really hope you enjoy this small trailer, this game is still early in development and should be in closed beta soon. If you want to keep updated on the game news, or want to know more about our work, please visit our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/FireHorseStudio

Also, please leave your feedback in the replies =)
    Cya!

2. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    We also have a few screenshots of the game, which show in better detail some spell effects and the action in the game. (Please be kind and remember this is alpha footage, we plan on adding many more bosses, enemies, dungeons, quests... and a lot of new stuff that do not appear on these shots)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MasterWill

MasterWill Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2013
    Looks interesting Ill try this out! Good work

4. fernandocolombo

fernandocolombo New Member

Sep 18, 2013
    shut up and take my money!

Awesome game, looking forward to play it.

5. swaguar

swaguar New Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Looks interesting. I would be even more excited about an mmorpg with those simple graphics. Still going to give this a try!

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The Game had me at...

[​IMG]

7. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    One word: Awesome!!!!!

8. Git

Git Member

Mar 2, 2012
    Level Designer
    India
    Awesome game! When is the expected release?

9. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Hey everyone, I am extremely glad you liked it =)

To be honest we dont have a very precise expectation of release date, it should still take a while. I think the soonest possible would be Q1 2014. Trust me, I am very very excited/anxious to see this project going, but we want to make this game as good as it deserves to be =)

10. PresidentZer0

PresidentZer0 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2012
    Controller support?

11. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Oke, i will wait this one and grab it like a boss

12. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    It is still not implemented but its in our pipeline for things to do before launch =). We are already developing the game in a way that its easy to add support for controllers, there are a few things we will probably have to change but... yes, there will be controller support =)

13. EvanCrocker

EvanCrocker Member

Oct 19, 2013
    The game looks great, and I was just wondering if there is any way I could be included in the beta testing, thanks Evan

14. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Very nice premise, nice to see a different approach to narrative on here. You've got my interest.

15. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Thanks guys =). Evan (and anyone else interested in the Beta), I would kindly ask you to like our page on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/FireHorseStudio) to keep updated about the project and the Beta. We are currently fixing a few major issues, but soon enough we should start inviting people to try out our game. We want to focus on the development of stuff that really matter to the players, that is why we want to start our testing process so early into development (the game has about 2 months of work only).

And, of course, if there is something you think that would be awesome to see in this kind of game, please let us know. We have plenty of ideas but this universe has so much to be explored that sometimes we might be missing something awesome and not even knowing it.

16. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Wow this game looks awesome. Definitely anticipating it!

Hey Dev, what are the customization options like in terms of changing your bosses weapons and appearance?

17. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Currently weapon and appearance are based on the items equipped, so if you get a better head gear, the head of your boss will change, same goes for every piece of armor and weapon. We are studying how/if we should do a few other things. For example, every gear can be upgraded, we want to make gear upgraded to the max level to have some kind of special effect attached to it (if possible) Also, mainly for weapons, we plan to add different "enchantments" (if you think WoW) based on the gems you apply to it, so if you have 2 rubies it would be a flaming weapon, and so on.

Another aspect we would like very much to add to the game but we dont know if we should is armor painting. We love the concept, we just are not sure if this added layer of complexity would be welcome to mobile (as the game is already pretty complex)

Other then that you can customize your arena with traps and structures that grant different bonuses to you, and even tho the video only shows the Skeleton King, we plan on having many other bosses at launch.

An exclusive preview of the different bosses would be this image:
    [​IMG]

PS: all tha was mentioned here is still being discussed so might change in the future, and if you have suggestions let us know =)

PS2: The Earth Elemental boss is already being implemented =)

18. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Wow this looks great! Had me at laaaaaagg!

19. roxaum

roxaum New Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Wow!

love the concept, whens Beta coming??

20. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Game Designer
    Thats great to hear =), we've made a closed alpha test a few days ago and the feedback was overwhelming =P we want to get some of that feedback implemented into the game before we get back to testing, so Id say a few weeks more.

Again, please keep updated on our facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FireHorseStudio), as soon as its ready we will let you know =)