Universal Battleheart (by Mika Mobile)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Sorry to haul this thread up from the abyss, but I'm a latecomer to the Battleheart party and I had a few questions I didn't see addressed here in the pages since the Ranger/Paladin update was released.

I got the game a few days back, and I'm loving it so far. But I'm managing to cruise through things relatively easily using a Monk/Cleric/Ranger/Paladin team. I was just wondering if the buffing abilities of the Bard made him worth using instead.

Or, if the Wizard classes are better for crowd control than the Ranger with explosive arrow/Monk with Ki Orb/Paladin with Vengeance combo.

It's just that I'm split between sticking with something that I know works, and branching out into characters I don't have a feel for. That, and I'd have to level up the rookies considerably before I could progress further into the game with them. But if, for example, the Bard becomes a Cleric substitute and a buffer rolled into one, I'd take the time to level him up.

Thanks!

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    I'm not too far myself, but the bard seems to be a comparable healer aside from lacking an autoheal "attack." So, I guess you should favor the bard in a situation where you have one explicit tank to keep hitting with the bard's buff "attack" and the paladin's heal could pick up some of the slack if someone else gets really hurt. I do really like the cleric's splash heal passive though.

3. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm on the third-to-last battle in Brightstone, and I've hit a wall with my current party. I think I'm going to buy a wizard and level them up; the Monk just isn't strong enough to be a damage-dealer and doesn't have enough health to be a reliable tank. If I can get a ranged damage-dealer with some serious crowd-control high enough to be effective, that should work.

It would also certainly cut down on the infuriatingly high number of overlap-induced deaths I've suffered. When you're trying to beat each level with all four of your party making it out alive, having two melee fighters stacked on top of each other does not help at all.

And I like the Cleric's splash-heal passive, but at the later stages it just doesn't heal enough to offset the damage taken from enemies. The %15 boost is a lot better for pulling an injured party member away from the brink. I could also just not be optimizing it right, so who knows.

4. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Yeah, the overlapping can be a problem. I've been using the paladin, witch, bard and cleric, all of whom have some ability to restore health, so healing's been rather easy. I just try to gather up most of the enemies with the paladin and the witch goes after enemies that are inconveniently placed.

5. Jazzpha

Apr 26, 2012

That seems like a solid lineup. I finally managed to beat that level with everyone intact; my party just needs to be nearly-perfectly micromanaged, which is why overlapping is such a killer for me. If even one person can't use an ability exactly when I need them to, it's curtains. Why I gave myself no margin of error, I have no clue.

I might try swapping out my monk for a witch\wizard just to try them out, but I don't think I could part with the ranger.

6. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I hope Battleheart 2 is in the works - Epic Raiders has been filling my need for more content lately, with a similar game mechanic. They also made some improvements to the interface that Mika seemed unwilling to make. Character icons up in the corner, so you can select your dudes even whey overlap, etc.

Anyway... I like the art/polish/smoother controls of Battleheart more, so I hope it will come soon!

7. Poseidon

Poseidon New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Tempest stones

Is it better to give my guys power fists for more damage, or tempest stones to increase dps.

For the paladins ability that increases healing powers by 20%, is that for the whole party or just the paladin?

8. Poseidon

Poseidon New Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Also does sharkull skulls count towards the 25% of armor my teamates get?

9. itouchbd

itouchbd Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    mika mobile do you have any more information about battleheart 2. its been a while and just am wondering what you guys are up to and if you could give any information.

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Is this gonna go on sale at all really want it but everytime I'm about to get it something else comes out.

11. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Bought this after getting hyped for borderlands legends (ended up passing on BL legends due to reviews). But so far I'm loving it.

Would be awesome if the sequel was a full blown RPGS like final fantasy with a huge world with dungeons and enemy encounters played out on the battlefield like they do in battleheart.

12. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I want this rather then borderlands legends

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Buy it... there probably wont be any sale for this one. You can hope for a drop this christmas, but i doubt it.

14. chimpman252

chimpman252 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Front Staff at Chinese Restaurant
    Well Borderlands Legends is good for one thing I guess... Boosting Battleheart's sales!

15. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2012
    So... Is there no extra content coming out in an update... Ever? If so, are the developers working on a sequel? It would be tragic to see something as awesome as this die

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    A sequel is in the works.

17. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Still seems unnecessary. All they needed to do was extend this game with new levels, enemies, maybe even a game mode (timed, co-op, maybe playing as enemies vs your heroes) and charge for it. Who wouldn't want to throw money at MM to enjoy this game again?

18. Fallen_Grace

Fallen_Grace Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I'd gladly do so!

19. AEREC

AEREC Active Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I.T.
    Seattle
    Um...that sounds like a sequel.

20. Hound16

Hound16 Well-Known Member