iPhone Small World 2 (By Asmodee Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Alyindar

Alyindar Well-Known Member

iPhone/iPad game time is me time, when I am going to play with others I've found its better to have all the bits on the table so everyone can spread out and enjoy the action together, rather than crowding around a single device.

2. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    #22 Tyvan, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. iPadder

iPadder Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Looks pretty awesome... might get it.

4. wakwak110

wakwak110 New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Don't seek pure video game here (AI, sounds) because you will be disapointed.
    But if you are looking at a quick and easy board game for 2 players, you should get Small World for iPad, it is amazing.
    I think that this kind of apps (board games) are offering iPad user a really new and unexpected use of their favourite device.

Wakwak

5. Tyvan

Tyvan Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Georgia
    #25 Tyvan, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2010
  6. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
    #26 JCat, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    Now that I think of it, I changed my approach to this. You make a very good point; when you look at it from that perspective, it's true - it's like buying a board game (except it's far cheaper and no parts to worry about). I hope we see the conversion of a lot of board games like this. We are already overloaded with Chess, Checkers, Go, etc..... I'm talking games like Carcassonne (which I did read somewhere that it's in the works). Games like Hero's Quest, Dungeon Twister, the Zombies board game series...even some old Parker Brothers classics like "Careers". Nothing better then an iPad to utilize this genre.

7. caltab

caltab Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    #27 caltab, Apr 17, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
    I agree with several of the other posts that this should be viewed as a board game and not a standard video game. For me, I want to see different things with the ipad and this is a great example. Nothing else on the market can emulate a board game like the ipad. The better board games by the likes of days of wonder and rio grande are pretty expensive so this is a cheap alternative that I view as a travel edition that doesnt have pieces to lose. I will probably always prefer the real thing at home, but this is pretty cool on the go. I hope we see more games like this, especially ticket to ride and carcasone.

I do think the itunes description could do a better job explaining what Small World is and isn't.

8. JCat

JCat Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    CEO E-Commerce
    NY
  9. Now has sound and also if held in upright position rather than laying it flat it will rotate so you can sit next to friend on couch for example. I beat my friend tonight in the five games we played. One of most lethal combos is Trolls with Spirit power first turn.

10. Themartinclan

Themartinclan Active Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Ai

I might get it but I'd be playing against myself. How are the sounds?

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is a great game but it is two (human) players only. There is no computer player to play against.

12. NichBoy

NichBoy Member

Apr 4, 2010
    So is there any world here on online multiplayer or AI? I really want to get this game but don't want to always have to organize people to play it! The just released Carcossone is the best example of how wonderful board games can be while played online.

On the latest Weekend Confirmed I think Jeff mentiond there was single player or online multiplayer incoming?

13. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    That would be pretty cool - either way. That and release for iPhone - what's the deal with that anyway, the new one has almost the same resolution as the iPad, surely that makes it easier ... not easier to see, but still :).

14. What's new

***Warning! Last version at $4.99***
    Next version (1.0 - coming in June) will feature solo play against an A.I., and a price increase to $6.99. Upgrading from all previous versions to 1.0 will be free, of course. So act now!

NEW FEATURES:

- Sorcerers race.
    - Dutch, Japanese and Spanish languages.

15. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    LOL, it remind when some CEO of EA, had some comment about make pay people an extended demo. It seems some iphone dev found the trick. :rolleyes:

16. I agree I hate paying for games and being beta testers as much as the next guy.

This type of game automatically appeals to the board gamer who frequents BGG but if they hope to attract over the masses average iphone gamer then yes it needs an A.I. which they probably underestimated the demand for but I'm sure they now realize.

Carcassonne says it'll raise it's price from $5 to $10 but it does have A.I. and heck even online multiplayer.

17. Caprone

Caprone Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Please, please put italian language in a future update. There's many fans of Small World here in Italy. Thanks!

18. I lost my first game against the bot 96 to 91. That means the AI is pretty decent. Now those who wanted an AI there is no excuse not to get Small World.

19. Riggy

Riggy Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    AI was added in today! W00t! This great game just became a fantastic, must buy game! Goooooooooooooooooooo get it! :D

20. MartiNZ

MartiNZ Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Make it work on iPhone and I will!