Universal Pie in the Sky - Space Pizza Delivery Action

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SaltyRyan, Mar 24, 2015.

1. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    #1 SaltyRyan, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    [​IMG]

I’m very excited to reveal Pie in the Sky, the first game from two-man indie outfit Salty Croc Interactive. We are having a blast making it, and we really hope it’s something you’re going to like.

Pie in the Sky is a 2D action game about delivering pizzas, in outer space. Set in the far-flung future as the 1980s imagined it to be, Pie in the Sky puts you in the pleather driver’s seat of a spacefaring delivery ship. Your mission? Brave the perils of the expanse and deliver custom-built pizzas to the creatures of the galaxy. Here’s a quick preview:

This 2D ‘fly forever’ features precise tilt control and an array of upgrades to dodge space junk and fling space pizzas. Earning more cash than you know what to do with? No problem! Spend it on researching new toppings for your custom pizzas and give yourself stat boosts in the process.

[​IMG]

Gameplay consists of two repeating phases with their own sets of challenges: dodging obstacles between neighborhoods, and actually delivering the pizzas themselves. Between levels, customize and share pizzas with unique assortment of topping choices.

Playable with one hand, Pie in the Sky is a great game to play in short bursts while on the bus or for long stretches just sitting on the couch. With four levels of difficulty and over 25 upgrades and 75 toppings to unlock, we hope there are a lot of reasons to keep on delivering pizzas.

[​IMG]

The game also features an original synthwave soundtrack by the talented duo Blac Eagl. Here’s a sample track.

So, in summary:

• Fling pizzas at aliens in 1980-something outer space
    • Fast-paced, tilt driven, endless gameplay split across two phases
    • Upgrade your ship with new abilities and defenses
    • Customize and share some super delicious and/or weird pizzas
    • Four levels of difficulty, 25+ upgrades, and 75+ toppings to unlock​

Pie in the Sky has been a real labor of love for the two of us at Salty Croc.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It will be available in short order for iOS, with Android coming soon after.

You can also check for updates at our website, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.

I'm also available to answer questions! Thanks all!

2. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    Only 2 people made this game? WOW! I'm impressed.

Just going by the screenshots, Pie in the Sky has definitely peaked my interest and i want to play this game. Looks very promising.
    Maybe it's just me, but i do see elements of 1942 and Paperboy all combined with some beautiful artwork.

Have added Pie in the Sky to my list of games to try/buy.

3. Ragno

Ragno Well-Known Member

Looks really great!

4. SaltyRyan

SaltyRyan Active Member

Sep 14, 2014
    Indie Game Dev
    Canada
    Thank you! We had some additional help on icon art and music but yep, just the two of us plugging away! :)

Paperboy was definitely an influence for the delivery phase of the game. The rest of gameplay has a greater emphasis on dodging, although certain upgrades can give you pretty immense firepower for a short time.

Really glad you like it!