Universal [Pulled] Mass Effect Infiltrator - (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 5, 2012.

1. iNexus

iNexus Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2010
    The Great White North
    there's a depth of field effect when u aim now jsyk

2. G.R.

G.R. Active Member

Mar 19, 2012
    What are cerberus escapees? In my galaxy at war screen it says 6/3.

3. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    still waiting for the.99 cent sale,doesn't seem like it's gonna happen soon.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Was just able to play the game with the new update... The manual aiming is just what the game needs. The tap to aim option (default) felt too quirky for me to be able to feel the combat but with it turned off (manual aim) combat felt a bit more streamlined.

Now it's time to finish ME:I. :)

5. Borgqueenx

Borgqueenx Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    eap now the game is worth my time. Waiting for a sale of 2 dollars or 3. then il grab it.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I think it's worth what it is at right now, but i guess there will come a time they put it on a promo price. Im sure it wont be on mother's day though. :D

7. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Also motion blur as well...

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Not necessarily motion blur. The heavy blur indicates the enemy is out of range. The ones within range have a slight motion blur, especially during slow motion effects.

9. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Can't vouch for any other device besides 4S but there is motion blur. All you have to do is turn the view really fast and you can notice the whole screen blur.

10. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The new controls work well. I was planning on playing through NG+ and the bonus mission on the ride back to Houston today (4 hours), but I got so incredibly bored before I was even halfway through. It's a one-playthrough game like I said when I first beat it. The combat just isn't as fun as it is in Dead Space, meh. I still think Dead Space is one of the top 10 games on the iOS. Not sure MEI makes top 100. Decided to free up the space.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #351 Exact-Psience, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
    For me, this is something one can replay until he/she gets Veteran rank on all levels. Unfortunately, unless they make updates quicker than usual, players will run out of stuff to do.

Maybe an endless survival mode? I bet that would feel and look awesome especially when you maintain high style points combo. Maybe if they feel conservative about arenas, one arena with constantly (and randomly) changing surroundings for you to hide and cover from and make vantage points of, since the game is futuristic anyway. Think more of X-Men's Danger room. :)

The best thing I like about this game is how it encourages a player to vary his moves and make a more stylish combat scene. May sound much like DMC's combo system, but at least the ME moveset sets it apart from DMC titles.

For me, i'd put this game in my top 50 iOS games list, but not before the controls were updated.

12. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm probably the only one that enjoy the old controls a lot and even managed to get all 3-star Veteran on all levels. It feels more strategic, slightly MGS-ish, than the current one, which is more action, run and gun style.

This game is alright. I agree with backtothis that this game is not up to par with Dead Space,which still gives me the best serious gaming experience on iOS.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    This is exactly what I thought would be a great addition to the game. In the current campaign, my favourite levels are the larger areas where you have to use a lot more strategy. If they could create a few arenas with randomly generated surroundings and enemies, I would be happy to pay for this as an add-on.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nothing to argue there. Dead Space iOS is just too f***ing gorgeous in sight, touch, hearing and feel.

15. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah, well I don't think I've played ANY shooter on ios that matches up to Dead Space. Nothing is even close. That thing is like a full length PSP game. No scrunched down version. And if you get bored... survival!

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Haha! Yeah... It was actually Dead Space's Survival mode that gave me an idea to put survival on ME:I.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Yeah, but the combat in Dead Space actually gives you a sense of urgency, and the the campaign is still fun after running through it multiple time. MEI is slow, easy (even NG+), and doesn't live up to the series (at all). I've never played a TPS so I could get high scores, which is what's supposed to give MEI its replay value. Dead Space does its console counterpart proud. Thing thing is: both iOS games are by the same guys. I'm sure some kind of survival mode is underway though. The game is still selling well. I think MC3 is a pretty awesome shooter if you don't have a console. The online multiplayer really pushes things to a new level for the iOS. But besides that, meh. Maybe if Shadowgun actually had multiplayer.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Shadowgun's multiplayer is in the works. Now there's something ive been waiting on.

19. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    This would be awesome!

20. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    True enough, but it's going to be a separate freemium app. That's not exactly the same thing as having it in the original game a few months after it came out like it was promised.