Playing together on one iPad - Advice needed

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Judeaux, May 5, 2013.

1. Judeaux

Judeaux New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    My girlfriend always considered my iPad as a toy. What changed is that for quite some time it is now also our/her toy. Especially when it is a long journey time flies when we play together on one tablet.

At the moment we are a bit out of luck finding new apps... And that is where I thought you guys could help us out.

Criteria:

- It does not need a special 2-player mode, however should be playable somehow for two people at once.
    - Should be some kind of puzzle game (can be a match-3)
    - Should have some flavour. Trism while being an excellent game, is just too minimalistic for my taste - any recommendations?

What we have played already (and loved):

Azkend 1 + 2
    Treasures of Montezuuma (1 + 2 + 3)
    Puzzlequest
    PuzzleCraft
    Amazon
    Zuma HD
    Angry Birds (all)
    Fishdom HD
    Cave Quest HD
    7 Elements
    7 Wonders
    Girls love Robots
    Puzzle Agent
    Clash (Heroes of Might and Magic)
    Fieldrunners (1+2)
    Machinarium -> Love this one
    King Cashing (1+2)
    TripleTown
    Fetch
    PD Puzzle
    Plague Inc.
    Dungelot
    JourneyDown
    Wake the Cat (not my favourite)
    Block Fortress
    Splice

Any help is appreciated!

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, May 5, 2013
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
    Try the following...

The Walking Dead - Since you loved Machinarium, try this one out. Sort of different as this one's more on the narrative, but is considered as one of the best things that happened to iDevices.
    Back To The Future - similar to The Walking Dead, but with the BttF arc.
    Jim & Frank Mysteries (similar to Prof. Layton games)
    Wrestle Jump - single device, 2-player game, single button control fighting game
    Monkey Boxing - single device, 2-player game, but has 2 buttons plus a few extra control varieties
    Out of Water - Catapult type of arcade game, and you can take turns outscoring each other while unlocking stuff :)

3. Judeaux

Judeaux New Member

Nov 24, 2010
    Thank you so much. Great suggestions, already downloaded them :)

Any match-3 games or similar puzzle-like games that I did not mention (something a bit more fast-paced than an adventure)?

We really loved to play Puzzle Quest/Puzzle Craft/Montezuuma/7 Wonders/Azkend as well...