Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
Just saw your comment about pummeling my wizard... Good luck with that.
I think it will be a cool feature for sure, will we be able to see how our mages/wizards/whatever they are called stacked up against others? Like there wins/losses?
Old 07-15-2014, 08:21 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothamannp11911 View Post
Oh absolutely, looks fantastic... Definitely great concept. Just stirring it up here!

Phantom Rift looks like it can be a major time investment... Are there different towns or just random npc wandering the rift? Be cool to have some trading opportunities with other plAyers mages if you stumble upon them
Well, the Phantom Rift isn't a typical RPG overworld, so no towns per se, but there are many large themed areas with NPCs that you can trade with, complete quests for, gather back story from, etc.

Though you can't trade with other players' mages, remember you will battle them randomly as you're exploring, and if you win you get one of their spells. We think its a pretty neat, new way to do multiplayer so we're excited to see how it turns out!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:32 AM

So it's like all that shared world stuff goin around?
Old 07-16-2014, 01:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
So it's like all that shared world stuff goin around?
So basically, when I defeat JCho's wizard, I get a spell... cool. Guess I'll just follow his wizard around and pummel him continuously
Old 07-16-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
So basically, when I defeat JCho's wizard, I get a spell... cool. Guess I'll just follow his wizard around and pummel him continuously
Yeah then as soon as you win and have little health I come in and kill you! Sounds great!
Old 07-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Developer

Quote:
Well, the wizards don't exist in the world like an MMO or something like that If anyone is familiar, I guess its actually kind of similar to the multiplayer in Dark Souls, ie of course its primarily a single player game, but every once in a while you can get attacked by someone else. You can't control who you fight or when you fight (but you can turn off the whole multiplayer system if you want to avoid attacking or being attacked). We wanted it to be as passive a system as possible, so no multiplayer menus or anything like that... it all just happens behind the scenes as if it were a regular part of the game, or a regular battle (though obviously you'll be quite aware when you're fighting someone else's wizard).
Old 07-16-2014, 01:32 PM

All sounds interesting still like everything you put out there so will be keeping an eye on this still.