Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-14-2013, 11:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Definitely this version. I'd imagine the PS3 version would probably get the same reception the 360 version did, and it really feels at home on touchscreen devices.
Do you happen to know if it runs well on the iPad Mini?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:14 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-18-2013, 09:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

This game actually looks like good fun. I may have to get it eventually.
Old 08-30-2013, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Strange to see I'm the last one that posted on this game so many months ago. So it went on sale last night/today and I dropped the $1 on it. Someone in the sale thread needed some feedback so I posted my initial comments. I figured it would be good to ressurect this thread and post em here too. Enjoy.

Here's some feedback on the game for those interested.

The game lists 19 progressive levels to play through each with it's own leaderboard. There are 10 achievements worth 100 points each. I played through the first level. For those that don't know this is a story based music game like Gitaroo Man and Frederic The Resurrection of Music. The cut-scenes have moving bits but it's more comic style instead of animation. Gameplay is akin to Elite Beat Agents and Tone Sphere. It's all about tapping, sliding. slicing and so on as a ring closes in on the target. So it's familiar feeling gameplay to anyone very familiar with the genre. This is maybe more akin to EBA simply because it's single touch so far.

Instead of a lengthy tutorial that wastes the first song, they provide a few static screens to slide through to see all the stuff you'll encounter. Still, the first song for a music gaming vet like me was pretty easy so it should be pretty good to intro for the less experienced.

Music is so far all good. I'm not a big hiphop fan or whatever, but it fits the game. The voice acting IMO is really good. I wouldn't have expected a game tied to something like this to perform on that end of things, but it works. It has a cool vibe sort of like Jet Set Radio's DJ. Heck, maybe even cooler (and I'm a big fan of the audio side of Jet Set Radio).

I went ahead and played the second fight. I'm assuming all of the levels are fight sequences. This would probably be a great game to airplay/hdmi to show off to others while you focus on the small screen trying to play well. Anyway second level ramped up the difficulty as animated sequences break up the fighting/tapping and you gotta stay on your toes when the action kicks back in as there's no warning. I still managed to S rank it, but again I'm a skilled player. I still missed a few spots.

Beyond the game, you get to unlock some character profiles and who knows what else (I just got the game). There's a nice credit sequence and the music seems to have been radio edited which means the game may actually be safe for my kids. I didn't expect that.

All in all $1 well spent. Any fan of music games like this shouldn't hesitate unless they hate hiphop/rap with a passion or something. It's easily worth it's original asking price as well. I'll post more once I finish the game or at least get deeper into it.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:43 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

So after all this time, I finally picked this up, and it's actually really good, though I wish they would just make it 17+, since the way they cover up the f bombs sort of messes with the songs. (They don't seem to censor anything else, anyways) Really worth the 99c. I feel like it didn't get the succcess it should have got, since to this day, there are only THREE reviews for the game.