Universal Fractal Combat X (by Oyatsukai Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TheCrib, Jan 9, 2013.

1. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The enemies at the end of world two are crazy... There's loads of em, and some pretty strong ones... You might wanna upgrade your electronics (the amount of enemies you can target and your jamming) and your missile strength... Unless you're gettin beat up a bit, then you might wanna focus on armor. But the electronics upgraded all the way make it a blast takin out all those little guys and big groups of main targets all at once. =oD

2. TheCrib

TheCrib Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Programmer
    Tokyo, Japan
    syntheticvoid = best support ever ! (^o^)

3. PraetorianX

PraetorianX Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    I would love to see some machine gun upgrade action here. Possible?

4. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    So is there IAP? And if so, how much do you need it? Looks good, liked the first one. Might get this if I get the right answer here.

5. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    None unless you wanna get a boost for a new ship because the missions now I'm on I get 1000 plus and ships cost 30,000 plus but I already maxed out my ship and replaying levels for fun.

6. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I tried this last night, and while I really wanted to like it, I could not get past the first mission (and I'm no stranger to flight sims). First, the fisheye element to the camera is very disorienting for me - I crashed into the ground a few times because of it. Second, I dislike behind the plane view types of flight games, but that's just my personal opinion - I'd much rather have a cockpit view. Third, one or two times it seemed like I actually killed all the enemies (from what I could tell on the radar), but the level didn't end. Then once the time ran out, the mission failed. Finally, the radar sometimes has redraw problems - planes will jump around (and I'm not talking about when you have an enemy in front, fly a half-loop, and the enemy is now behind you).

I just tried a few more times, and I finally completed the first mission. I think the biggest issue is really that fisheye camera.

7. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Free and no IAP? Why? What's the catch? :p

8. MmAaXx

MmAaXx Member

Jul 20, 2011
    there are IAP ;) near the credits, there is an arrow, press it! :)

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Loved the first one so this is a no brainer for me. Downloaded and anxious to give it a try!

10. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    Very fun game! Like the first fractal combat, and this is an improvement over that! Graphics unbelievable and controls are great. I'd like to make one request, please. Could you make it an option to turn off the auto leveling feature of the arcade controls? Many times it auto levels the plane and if you're close to the ground or mountains, I crash into them. The left/right leveling is ok for the arcade controls, but the up/down leveling is a bit of a hinderance for me. Thanks very much for a really fun game!

11. sleb

sleb Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Ohio
    Played the original and must say that this one takes it to a whole new level. The first time I sat down and played I made it to the second mission of the second world. Was able to upgrade the plane almost all the way with only a few replays of some missions. Iap is not needed as of yet. May be needed for a new plane in higher levels. But you should pick this one up. Very fun and you can't beat the cost. The dev did a very nice job on this one.

12. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woot!!!

Thanks for that extra special game completion bonus! =oD

Now to go back and replay the game for scores.

Attached Files:

13. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #33 Capricornman, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sold!Sold!Sold!
    Just played the first mission and its GREAT!
    All round fantastic presentation and app game!
    Highly recommended.

14. TheCrib

Aug 11, 2010
    Programmer
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks !

By autoleveling you mean with the touch controls, when one gets the finger off the stick ?

15. TheCrib

Aug 11, 2010
    Programmer
    Tokyo, Japan
    We better get busy with that first update then (^^;)

I'm relieved to see a general positive feedback from everyone.. cool cool !!

16. laszlo_kovacs

laszlo_kovacs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    A quick derail, but since the dev is very active here, I just want to say thanks for Final Freeway 2R! Presentation and style-wise, it's my #1 iOS game.

So that leads me to: any more to come from that series?

17. TheCrib

Aug 11, 2010
    Programmer
    Tokyo, Japan
    Thanks !! FF2R shall not be forgotten !

There's no clear plan yet, but there's definitely going to be a game of that sort again.

What's stopping us right now is the lack of time. The programming is on me, and I was working on FCX. Also MisBug, the pixel artist that did the art for FF2, is currently busier than ever, working on other games for other companies.

Another major issue is that FF2 didn't quite make up the development costs.. so, for all I know, another similar title would be another loss (sadly, FF sold a lot more than FF2).

Someone the other day mentioned making a pitch on Kickstarter. That's certainly an option, but we'd still have to put together a prototype of some sort and set up the thing properly.

But anyway, it would be a waste not to make a sequel, or something similar, along those lines.

18. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Great game and nice improvement from the original (which I already loved). Like how the difficulty seems higher in this one. Nice to have a bit more challenge!

19. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    So wait, TWO guys made this game? I am thoroughly impressed.

20. MmAaXx

MmAaXx Member

Jul 20, 2011
    #40 MmAaXx, Jan 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
    exept the soundtracks, YES!
    theCrib did the code, and I did the graphics ;) it's an hard work, but worth it!

Thankyou averyone for the support! :D