Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-21-2014, 08:51 AM

Default Merchant Beyond the Stars

Old 02-21-2014, 08:56 AM

Stupid question: How do I start the game over? I was level 7 before I figured out customers have favourite weapons/armor. I'm the Forrest Gump of gaming.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:00 AM

This game is stupid, stupid, stupid FUN.

It only has like three or four menus in the entire game, but I found myself glued to the screen for almost an hour and a half unable to actually stop playing. The writing is pretty fun, and you really do feel like you've accomplished something when you send off your hero with rare and mythic weapons that you made to save a planet.

The formula is genius. I generally hate free games, but this one shines. Haven't hit a paywall yet, and I don't get the feeling I will for awhile, if ever.

One warning: do be careful about tapping on your resources below. One tap adds a bunch of resources to your pile, and uses up one of your Element X's, and there's no backsies.

Last edited by diaskeaus; 02-21-2014 at 09:05 AM..
Old 02-21-2014, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonif View Post
Stupid question: How do I start the game over? I was level 7 before I figured out customers have favourite weapons/armor. I'm the Forrest Gump of gaming.
Don't think there is an option, other than uninstalling and re-installing. Don't think you need to though, since the customers are procedural. Meaning you can just repair their stuff without buying or atomizing their stuff if you need to make some money, and then dismiss them.
Old 02-21-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
One warning: do be careful about tapping on your resources below. One tap adds a bunch of resources to your pile, and uses up one of your Element X's, and there's no backsies.
Yep, I did that. No more X for me.

I have yet to have a hero complete a mission. I have some in the their favorite weapon/armor and some matching materials, and over the "mission power", but no progress. What else do I have to do?
Old 02-22-2014, 03:26 PM

Just keep going. I've been playing this game for hours and I've gone through at least 20 heroes. It's mindless but it is fun. I've gotten to the point where I have five level 9 customers and they don't return for 15 minutes. I have one level 10 customer who takes 30 minutes.
Old 02-22-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chariot0 View Post
Just keep going. I've been playing this game for hours and I've gone through at least 20 heroes. It's mindless but it is fun. I've gotten to the point where I have five level 9 customers and they don't return for 15 minutes. I have one level 10 customer who takes 30 minutes.
I eventually got a level 9 hero who completed his mission after being sent out only 10 times or so. Still have my other original 4, levels 1, 2, 3, 6.

I noticed that infusing elements doesn't do a lot for the value compared to a regular upgrade. I guess the only reason to do that is to match the hero's mission? Now that I know the heros don't level up and get a new mission after completing their current one, I guess doing that makes sense for the weapon/armor you'll equip them with, not for selling to the guild.
Old 02-22-2014, 06:26 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I'm not too big a fan of universal apps that don't sync between devices - I like to be able to continue my progress no matter where I am with whichever device I have with me, so that's a bummer.

Also, count me in the group that clicked on the elements at the bottom to get more info on them, only to end up using element X or whatever to fill up the resources and unable to hold more, not to mention wasting X.

Seems like a pretty good time waster otherwise, though. :-)