iPhone Real Racing HD, Enigmo Deluxe, Cromag Rally and more - ready for iPad release

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Just saw this on MR :D

[​IMG]

http://www.macrumors.com/2010/03/26/ipad-app-store-reveals-launch-apps-top-seller-lists-app-details/

2. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah, saw it too. Hopefully, it adds something besides the upgraded graphics alone...

3. Wow, pangea definentaly has an iPad in their labs...

4. expandin

expandin Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009
    ELIMINATE's lobby
    you meant Firemint :D

Yeah they do kinda... and it seems like all those games that are prefect fits for the iPad are coming at launch...smells like Apple has been thinking about whom to give an iPad and who can be left out.

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I have no doubt it will have the improvements from the 3gs tech demo.

In the demo they had 40(!!!) cars on screen at once. They decided not to implement it since it was 3gs specific and would alter times on courses by the sheer number of opponents.

With the ipad version being separate they can add things like that and know everyone is on a level playing field

http://toucharcade.com/2009/06/30/firemint-3gs-real-racing-tech-demo/

6. Flying-Jew

Flying-Jew Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Why have the prices shot up so high? It's fine if they have much more to offer, but a simple resolution bump up isn't worth the price, right?

7. salsamd

salsamd Moderator

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #7 salsamd, Mar 26, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010

Agreed. This is my concern for Pangea's games, which are now being showcased on their third OS apparatus. I doubt they have added additional content, but let's wait and see...

[​IMG]

8. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    #8 Fleabag323, Mar 26, 2010
    http://appadvice.com/appnn/2010/03/pangeas-ipad-games-priced-dated/

They seem to have added more to Enigmo, but $9.99 for Cro-Mag Rally (an old game) with only improved controls and graphics is ridiculous, since I only paid $.99 for it on my iPod. Waiting for the inevitable $.99 sale with Pangea.

Also, if you look at the article also on AppAdvice, Flight Control seems to have only high-res graphics and 3 new maps. (plus the 5 original) That seems ridiculous for $4.99, even though it's a bigger device, I won't pay tons more. $1.99 or $2.99 would be more fair, or even $.99 for the app, plus $.99 for the original iPhone maps. This way, if you already have them on iPhone, you won't have to pay for the same content again.

9. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I think the same happened to the iPhone games initially. Higher prices then the $0.99 wave...

10. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Just saw this too, so pumped.

11. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    You make me want to stab you.

12. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    $4.99 seems fair to me. Better graphics, bigger stuff, new MP features. I won't be surprised if $4.99 becomes the iPad base price.

13. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    At the beginning, these prices are going to be through the roof like this. Then, once people stop buying games at these high prices, it'll start falling just like the iPhone store.

The developers have all of us by the throat at this point, they can charge whatever they want because everyone wants to showcase games on their new shiny iPad to their friends.

Just buy the games you know are killer apps for the iPad (or are around 4.99 and below) and wait out everything else.

14. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008
    Flight Control would be fine, even though it's a bit high, but Cro-Mag is unacceptable. It's the same game as on the iPhone, just bigger, and with better graphics. I'll probably stick with the 2x iPhone version. However, if they add new tracks, that's a different story.

When I was writing that post, I forgot about the multiplayer features in Flight Control. :eek:

15. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    lol

not paying those prices for iPad games. 2nd Gen iPad here I come!

16. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    #16 Deewin, Mar 26, 2010
    I wonder how the mass iPad audience will react to these prices. If I was going to buy an iPad I probably won't want to double dip on apps at higher prices because I'd primarily use the device at home for basic web surfing/youtube-ing and would rather just play with my consoles and PC. Part of the appeal of playing Flight Control is being able to play it for quick sessions like waiting for appointments and havening bought the app at 99 cents (I do think it's worth more but I'm not going to elaborate on this lol) only sweetens that deal.

Even if these are just iPad versions of an existing app I can see why the prices are higher though. Just like the iPhone app market launch developers are testing to see if people are willing to initially pay more money with tested games for their shiny new iPad. However unlike the app market launch people like me were more than willing to pay for apps because it was a new service at the time and I payed 5-10 bucks for apps to see how fun the games could be and what my iphone was capable of.

Once the App market became a proven platform to make money on developers started hopping on to app development for the "gold rush". It's going to be much different now with the iPad launch because it's supposedly easy to port an existing iPhone app to the ipad which means it's practically a no-brainer to port all the successful apps to the iPad.

Also I don't think there was a jailbreak anywhere near the app market launch and I believe many people who pirate would buy some of the more notable and popular apps if jailbreaks never existed. But with the iPad I believe a jailbreak will be ready very close to the launch (Geohot says his new jb might work with the iPad) which could quickly cause iPad apps to lower prices.

17. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I think the higher price point is fair if they are not just higher quality graphics wise but more fleshed out titles a long the lines of XBLA or PSN releases.

I've wanted to give Call of Duty Zombies a go but at $10 for one map it sounds like a horrible value. Real Racing on the other hand felt like a complete game when I bought it around the $5 price point so an expanded version with better graphics would have me sold.

18. mek

mek Well-Known Member

i remember paying $100 the first day the app store opened...which sadly only bought like 12 apps...then I watched the prices fall over the weeks..

don't get me wrong, it was totally worth it

but what is great about the ipad is, sit down, read a book (on it), and in a week or so..check the prices..

I will totally buy the first day

PvZ, Worms, and the iwork apps...and maybe a few others...but for the ones that i already have..and don't really play too much, unless there is an actual reason to buy them again..I prob. wont...

Flight control was awesome when it was released...first of its kind on the app store...I over played it, and i don't play it much anymore...so I will probably pick it up in a couple of months, unless it is just utterly mindblowing...but we really don't know until April 3rd

19. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    Not everything can be 99 cents to your liking. Hahaha, this is the launch of the iPad AppStore basically. Remember when the AppStore launched how everything was $10, including that motorcycle game from Freeverse? Ya.

If you go buy Cro-Mag Rally for Mac, it is $20. The iPad version is essentially the same thing as the Mac version (even the graphics), and you don't know for sure everything will be the same. Pangea said they are updating all their iPad, I posted it a while back.

And just like when the AppStore launched, a lot of people will probably charge $10 as well. Stop whining so much.

20. Fleabag323

Dec 19, 2008

I'm not saying that it should be $.99, I'm just saying that it shouldn't be $9.99. Sure, it's the same level as the Mac version, but the iPod version was the same except for scaled down graphics, and look where that's gone.
    I either posted in here or in a different thread a link to an appadvice article saying that only controls and graphics were fixed.