Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-01-2013, 12:21 PM

Default Aureus, now universal!

Hello everybody!

Two months ago I released version 1.0 of my Aureus game which only supported iPhones natively at the time.

I'm happy to announce that version 1.1 released today is universal, and uses every single pixels of your ginormous iPads . The gameplay is the same, but the layout has been tweaked for better iPad grip and all graphics were upgraded to iPad retina resolutions.

There's a description of the game in the original iPhone games thread, but here's a short one nonetheless:

Aureus is a new variation on classic tile matching games. I know. This one is relatively unique though: the board is plunged into darkness and the tiles are only briefly visible when selected or moving. The player must therefore plan his moves from memory and carefully balance between speed and memorization to improve his final score.

The game offers the two expected game modes for this kind of games, Endurance and Time Trial, plus a multiplayer mode which lets you play locally or over the net with up to 3 other players. An upgrade system brings even more replay value as the player transforms the Aureus machine from an old rusty mechanism to a shiny fined tuned one (this uses purely virtual coins, with no in-app purchases).

Here's an old video from the iPhone version to give you an idea of the gameplay:

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game is currently on sale 50% off to celebrate the iPad release.

Enjoy, and let me know if you have any comment!

Old 05-01-2013, 06:31 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Pretty fun and original. Upgrades are reasonably priced and the concept of tracing groups of like colored blocks from memory in the flashes is pretty clever.

So how does one relieve the mounting pressure? It would seem some moves lower the pressure while others increase it.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM

Failed matches will increase the pressure (if you swipe from one type of block to a different one), but any correct match will release it. Bigger matches will release more pressure too.

Pressure also increases on its own though: slowly at first, but faster and faster as the game goes on. At the fastest levels it takes less than half of a second to fill the gauge, which forces you make matches at this speed at least. You can't blink anymore then

To counter that you can use upgrades to slow down the pressure increase, or to augment the pressure released by each match. Even with upgrades you will eventually get to a point where the machine is too fast for you, but you will reach higher levels which bring much more points and coins.

You saw that already but it's worth repeating for other readers: there's no in-app purchase to speed things up as upgrades are totally part of the game. I might add one at some point in the future to directly upgrade everything for very impatient players, but it honestly takes very little time to get to that point and I doubt many people would use it.

Thanks Tim!

I still have lots of promo codes available, so if some of you want to try the game and prefer to avoid the jungle of the promo code area, just leave a note here and I'll send one to you by private message.

Philippe