Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Alyjens

Alyjens Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hee! Hee! I was actually going to order a "Winter is coming" t-shirt for my DH for Father's Day! Maybe I'll throw in the books, too! ;) We're crying 'cause there's only 2 more episodes left. :(

2. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yay another lvl 10 combo success....have to give most of the credit to Jazbo for being the ringleader of this combo....I just keep reminding you guys to try it like a cracked record.....LOL
    Another reason why I am still not convinced that dragon levels supposedly don't have an impact....yet to be proven either way.
    Current was a tricky one for me, haven't even tried copper yet, still waiting for another 24 hr emerald fail to free up one cave and a 14 hr in the other...teach me for being Emerald greedy :p

3. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Aly, what is this series as not familiar with it here?

4. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Way to go Foxy!! (from one MoD to another) ;)

5. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4425 Foxtail2010, May 26, 2012
    Last edited: May 26, 2012
    My hubby is September. :)

You so funny, girlie. Thanx for all the love and support.

Two Crystals and a Moon in the Nursery... ahh what a relief to have an Emerald in the wings. Thank u BFS.

6. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Do you get the cable channel HBO down under? It's a series they produce- second season is almost over. Game of Thrones is a most excellent show! Maybe you can find it to stream online? Or buy the DVD?

It's based on the book series A Song of Fire and Ice by George R.R. Martin. A wonderful medieval fantasy about 7 families fighting to rule the land. One of them are said to be descended from dragons and she has "dragon blood" within her. I'll ruin it if I tell you more, but see if you can watch it somehow.

Apologies for getting a bit off track from DV, but it DOES have to do with dragons. ;)

7. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4427 Foxtail2010, May 26, 2012
    OMG girlie, you gotta look it up... Game of Thrones on HBO here .. yeah what Aly said .. the author is George R. R. Martin .. I'm reading the first book (A Game of Thrones) digitally. Yeah, great stuff.

Aly, I haven't watched season 2 yet.. except Ep 1.. gonna catch it all up next week.

Sorry everyone, for going off-track DV-wise! But yeah it's dragon related, so check it out!

8. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cool.....just to clarify....is the first series still called ‘a game of Thrones' just need to differentiate between series 1 & 2 so I can write the info down as I will be able to access it via a friend....

9. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    #4429 girlpower, May 26, 2012
    Hehe Foxy.....us September grown ups have a laugh about whether we were the outcome of Xmas or New Years celebrations........enough said :eek: :D

10. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Love Game Of Thrones. Have read all of the books thus far, and the red tree in Dragonvale reminds me of the weirwood trees.;)

Two more fails tonight in my quest for emerald. Not giving up.

11. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    It's "Game of Thrones" seasons 1 & 2. Oh, Girlpower, I do hope you can watch it. I think you'll love it!

12. Alyjens

Oct 11, 2011
    Pennsylvania, USA
    So sorry LB! Glad you're not giving up. Have a feeling that this may be your weekend!

BTW- if I read the books, will it spoil the show for me? :confused:

13. Foxtail2010

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    Oh yes read the books! I love them both together. I'm not very far into the series, but the books have so much more clarity.

LB, I believe you'll get your emerald before the cutoff. Keep trying!

14. LBryanDLC

LBryanDLC Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    As far as Game Of Thrones and the books go, no I don't think reading the books will spoil the show, at least it hasn't for me. Season 1 followed the first book fairly closely. Season 2 not so closely...many differences. The hardest part about the books, at least at first, is keeping track of all of the characters.:)

15. Coremania

Coremania New Member

May 26, 2012
    Crystals

Sorry if this was mentioned before but it seems there is not a way to get crystals ...can anyone help thank you

16. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Both seasons are called Game of Thrones. Second season is still going. I get it through torrent. Awesome series! Having said that, I enjoyed the first one more. This author is notorious for waffling on a bit. Even condensed, it feels like the important plot points are stretched out a bit. Otherwise I really like it.

17. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Don't really know what you mean here, Coremania. I've been getting crystals all the time as fails when trying to breed Emerald. Or do you meen getting a crystal from scratch?

Usually crystal is possible from any lightning/earth combo,but that may have changed? It is still in market though. Sorry if I misunderstood. Hope you get it!

Breeding guide on DV wikia http://dragonvale.wikia.com/wiki/Breeding

Edit: Did you meen gems?!? I realize that I am lost here, so I'm going to be quiet now. *haha*

18. Yasha65

Yasha65 Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Kind of stunned right now really.
    I took a break from Emerald breeding, continuing with my Pans. And two failed attempts for Copper.
    Put my lvl 11 Lichen and lvl 10 Crystal together on EBI. (in that order) Just because I could and have read of all of you having success with the lvl 10s.

I actually have my second Emerald cooking!!!

Now I'm getting greedy. I want an egg to display, since I have all other dragons and can display every egg that has been available so far (except Copper, yet...).

So, since we think there will be 12 gem dragons in all and Gem island can only hold 12 dragons, should I even bother to go for a third or just be fine with one Emerald on island and display the second one?

Worldly problems, but I really do want your opinion here. :cool: Haha, DV really is an annoying game. Showing your true colors as a horder and/or a gambler.

19. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Personally I will hatch all my gem dragons. They give gems at a rate of one a week. As we all know - you can't have too many gems. There are plenty other eggs to display. May be I am too practical.

20. girlpower

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Well Yashy, I was quietly being greedy too and going for a third....and I am going to throw a confusing spanner in the works for you and do the opposite to Eugekava.....LOL...I decided I would display a third one cos I already hoard my gems and have been very disciplined and frugal in using them.....kind of made a decision a while back when I felt BS were getting rather greedy, that I probably wouldn't be contributing anymore of my real money their way :p Plus I would really like the rare eggs on display anyway.....:D

Congrats on your second Emerald!