Paying full price for games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sindyan, Jul 27, 2012.

1. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I know we all love to get a good deal but is there some games companies that you pay full price because you want to support the company? I know for baldurs gate enchanced edition I will not wait for a sell because I want to support the company. is there anyone else that does this?
    (gameloft games I always wait for sales.

2. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    I always wait for a sale on Gameloft games because I don't expect updates on them except for a select few.

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    If I have even a remote interest in the game I usually snag it when I see it without looking at the price. If Its on the .99 and 2.99 range it qualyfies as impulse buy so I also can get it even if I havent heard from it.

Then there's games im really not that interested in but end up getting on a sale because again, everything is so cheap! You wouldnt know hoy many times as I kid I saved for a month to get a game at 60 bucks a pop just to find out that the said game was super hard, too short or just plain bad.

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, I've never bought a Gameloft game full price. xD

But I usually buy Foursaken Media titles and OrangePixel titles at full price.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    I've only bought a couple of Gameloft's games and they were all at full price xD except Nova 2, fma

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I buy full price on most games, a lot of devs are small indie-teams, i want them to do well so i'll buy their game asap. Its bad for all of us if small teams dont make enough money and then have to quit and do something else.

I dont really bother with Gameloft anymore, its good seeing some of their games (Spiderman/Batman) not be complete freemium games but due to the total disaster in my mind of Dungeon Hunter 3 and Six Guns i've given up on them.

But small teams i always buy instantly to 'help'

7. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    GL is in fact the only company I had a .99c policy last year, mainly because I dont really like their games but then again at a buck they're hard to resist if only to play them for a short while. I think their games are solid but without soul.

8. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Me being me, I usually wait until a game gets a little bit cheaper before I buy it. It depends on my interest in the game. If I am really looking forward to it, I buy it full price. If it is on my "meh" list, I wait a bit until it has a price reduction.

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    If it's something I really want, I'll almost always pay full price for it. Games that I have on my "wish list" but weren't top priority, if I seem them on sale or free, sure I'll grab them then. But if it's a great game, I try to support the dev down the line.

I usually wait on Gameloft games as well, but paid "full price" just recently for Asphalt 7: Heat ($.99 :D ).

10. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    It depends...

There are some companies that usually put games on sale so frequently that you could practically mark your calander's by it so in those cases (Kemco, EA, and Gameloft for example) I usually wait around. But in the case of a game $5-6 or under, I just don't see it as a big deal.

I was/am an avid console gamer up to and including the Wii. I think we all know that a $20 game on a console is considered a bargain, so quibbling at under half that is... not usually worth it.

In some cases, if I am really excited about the game, I just don't care. Aralon, The Quest, Metal Slug 3, FF3, King of Dragon Pass, etc..

11. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Gameloft and EA = no

12. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I've heard that EA isn't the best to their employees, so I can understand where you are coming from. Though, R-Type for .99 is hard to resist.

I don't have an anti Gameloft thing. Honestly, the only game I have from them is Dungeon Hunter 2, which was free when I got it. I really like it. Reminds me of my time with Champions of Norrath on the PS2.