Best Picture Editing App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by supg328911, Jan 22, 2009.

1. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    #1 supg328911, Jan 22, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
    Hey everyone,

Im a big fan of picture editing i started out with photoshop and now i moved to the iphone, its more fun nothing is as difficult its all easy.... But back to the point, i already have and have had juxtaposer and photogene and i love them both i use them all the time

And then i have a number of sketch apps, like idoodle 2 (for shading and some other nice effects.)

I Also use doodler (could be great but the stamped image quality is terrible unless its at the start size, also crashes way to much, and another flaw is that you cant edit anything to the size of an iphone wallpaper instead its an odd sized rectangle)

Then one more editing app is StereoMaker (makes a nice app for a simple little side by side picture, very nicely done, very simple)
    ..... So what i would like to know is there any other picture editing app that you all found usefull.....

Thanks....

[EDIT] I found a couple more apps that are kind of interesting, not amazing but handy for some pictures.

Photonasis (has many different effects to add to pictures)

Photo Lab Daily (you can do some nice things with this but once again nothing amazing, not alot of options) - but the big problem is with the unpaid version you can only save one picture a day, but i found a way to get around this, you go to MENU>SETTINGS>EDITOR and then change it from split screen to hover view, then just go back to your edited photo and tap the screen and all the options will disapear and from there you just take a screen shot.

PtPeintuLite (very nice draw app has many options not seen in most of the other draw apps such as a the water drop feature in paint, i dont know whats its called but thats the icon, its really a little to complex for me but if your serious about that stuff is check it out)

And last Old Booth (extremely simple very well polished make the picture look amazingly real)

2. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    move to app section in forums.

I like microsurface (got it for free) but it's not really "picture editing"

3. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
  4. supg328911

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    Someone already suggested microsurface and i tried to find it for a long time but i couldnt it wouldnt show up in itunes, so it would be very much appreciated if anyone could provide an appstore link..:D

5. iGewappnet

iGewappnet Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    Mainz, Germany
  6. MaskU2See

MaskU2See Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Philly, USA
  7. supg328911

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    from what i know of it is not released yet, but i think its coming in the near future..

8. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I too love photogene.
    I have that and sketches which just got a nice update that lets you use new transparent modes for your colors. Plus i heard that there gonna update the app to 2.0 sometime soon.

9. rixm

rixm Active Member

Oct 3, 2008
  10. supg328911

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    i've ran past these a couple of times, and i've got some good reviews on all of these, but i do already have photo lab, and i think ill check the other two out thanks...:D

11. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Laminar is definitely a great photo editor. Although it is a bit unstable, but it saves each change to a session continuously so it's not a biggie. And it's only 2.99 (with frequent sales) as opposed to Adobes stuff. It got most things, layers, filters, fx, color correction and mucho more.