Extension of Signature Size?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Somerandomdude, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Is there any way we can get a larger limit on signature sizes? I feel like I'm not able to fit all of the info I really want into my signature, since the limit is based on the small text box that you put the signature into, not the actual post box. I'm not saying to make the limit huge or remove it, since that can lead to gigantic signatures that take up the entire screen, but a few more lines would really help to allow me to get all the info I need into my signature.

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    #2 dogmeat, Nov 18, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009
    dude, nobody cares about your signature or what you're doing.

what I mean to say, is that I'm tired of all these sigs where everyone lists every game they've ever played, are going to play or want to play, as if it matters to anyone else.

3. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Yea we need more apps with a link to a pic of pie like mine, and saying what you beta testing or tested isn't that bad.

4. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

Bigger sigs = more cluttered. But i can't talk, my sig is eye-catching lol ^_^

5. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    I like to list the types of games I play so that others can get a good idea of what kind of games I like. I also would like to have room to show what games one has tested so that companies looking for testers can get a quick idea of experience without having to ask. Also, it would be nice to have a place to place my OpenFeint/Plus+ usernames so that we can add others without having to ask in every thread. It just is much more convienient.

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The only reason I list the games I'm planning to buy is so that I don't forget :D

7. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    +1
    Doesn't matter to anyone but the poster. I doubt many people are going to read through a long list of games you are playing, want to be playing, or have finished playing.
    It's just not all that interesting.
    :cool:

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Yea I don't really like when people have a "what I'm playing/games I've beta tested/ games I want/or, most of all, if you want me to review your game, send me a promo code *sigh* people scare me sometimes.

9. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    Yeah I even feel like my sig is a little too much, just a plug to one of the companies I work for. Maybe if the forums had more area for personal info on your profile page, and there was a reason for people to visit profile pages, none of this would be necessary.

10. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    http://appshopper.com/wishlist

Very useful.