Universal Maximus - the Sword of Dawn (by Mooff Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by S-Mario, Jun 8, 2013.

1. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Ohhh.... that's something we should make fade out at least, it's a permanent purchase, it lasts forever and for all stages/characters and you can restore it to the other devices with the restore button or click the button again on another device it won't charge ya.

Thanks for buying it and supporting us! :)

2. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Yup it recognizes that I bought it that's why I was clicking it before every stage.

Might be just my impression that I wasn't getting double sometimes because the coins drop vary a lot depending on the stage.

3. S-Mario

S-Mario Well-Known Member

May 19, 2013
    Male
    Game Maker
    Hong Kong
    Think the easiest way to check is if you go back to normal stage 1, you'll see gems popping out sometimes off enemies or a couple off the Brock and that shouldn't happen without the doubler.

It's true the money does vary a little (roughly 20% swing) on each stage

4. andrew9oh7

andrew9oh7 Member

May 29, 2013
    Love this game,can't wait for the new characters :) coin doubler helps a lot

5. TigerPrezX

TigerPrezX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Really, REALLY excited for the new characters! This really is the rare beat-em-up where every character feels different enough to warrant multiple playthroughs.

More than anything else, I'd like to see some Toon Shooters cameos. I want to play as Angelica again! Some boss crossover would be nice too, even if it's just as a "special event" boss like Scar. I'd love to see some form of Kojorius, The Swarm, or Prince Invidious.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I'd say the same thing, but i'd replace RARE with BEST.

7. RichRuzz

RichRuzz Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I'm still torn playing this on my iPhone 5 or iPad :/ arghhhhhhh

8. Firefly0704

Firefly0704 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2012
    So is there any eta on the update? Or is it taking (much) longer than expected? Or (hopefully not) did you just kinda forget about it?

9. PumpkinEater78

PumpkinEater78 New Member

Jun 28, 2012
    This has got to be the most enjoyable romp through a mirthfully decorated memory lane I've ever had in a game. I bought a couple of continues and the coin doubler just to say thank you to the developers. :)

10. kwokx@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Sorry that weve been quiet for so long, a lot has been going on:

We developed multiplayer Maximus and it was fun but unstable, we couldn't finish a stage without losing connection. We are getting new multiplayer R&D but the bad news is that it wont be for Maximus because its a new language.

we also made a new shmup (50% complete) and then aborted bcos we just didnt find the game to be fun, so 2 months disappeared.

Good news is that the new characters designed for Maximus will find a home in another ARPG platformer game with tons of characters, maps and bosses. We hope when it launches 4 months from now that you guys wont be disappointed.

http://www.mooffgames.com/blackmoor/characters.jpg
    http://www.mooffgames.com/blackmoor/cutscene1.html

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Ouch!

12. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Aurgh. I played this for about 15 minutes, the closest thing we have ever had to Castle Crashers (which was reason all by itself to own a 360), the controls ROCK. I cringe at some of the difficulty spike / IAP talk though, Toon Shooters was an incredible game that just got WAY too hard, way too fast.

These guys have what it takes to make a truly epic iOS game, and themselves very rich in the process, if they dropped their business model (horrific spiked IAP paywall) and instead sold their games with zero traces of freemium for $2.99 or something. Even as good as this game is, much like Toon Shooters I refuse to reward such a crude, blunt implementation of IAP gouging.

Yes, there are *always* people who say "I beat the game with no IAP and never lost a life and even had to put the game down without pausing to go perform triage trauma ward surgery after a train derailment", well GOODIE FOR YOU. When the majority of people comment on a sudden tsunami paywall of death that you can't by design even grind past, there is a problem. Toon Shooters could have been a GOTY contender had they tuned it right.

13. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Just wanted to pop in to say that I 've been watching this for a while, but there's no way I'm going to pay $7 for it (especially considering that there's IAP that lies beyond that huge paywall). I'd pay, absolute tops, $3 base game + $2 doubler...

14. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    This was free until a month ago. I only spent on the doubler.

15. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yup picked this up for free way back, seems rather strange the way the price has shot up!

16. TheRybka

TheRybka Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Ye app gods have answered my prayers! Woopwoopwoop

17. sakinnuso

sakinnuso Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Somehow missed this game when it was a paid app. I picked it up free and I am completely in love with it. Karl's TA review is dead on. I hated Castle crashers, but THIS game is painted with so much nostalgia and is so well made, that every new level is a treat.

I had no problem paying once for continues, even though I didn't have to. The art and controls are spot on, and the amount of chaos on screen during some of the later levels looks fantastic on my iPhone 4s. I really hope that you guys are making money and aren't another casualty of the whole 'talented developers make great game but can't break even' war.

Maximus is a gem. Thanks for the effort, and ignore the naysayers. Really looking forward to your next game, and I've just downloaded Toon Shooter to give it a shot. You guys are up there with Mika Mobile in my book as far as style and execution goes. Good luck!

18. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    These devs did it with Toon Shooter too. Free at first then varying wildly. I like both their games but I don't approve this extreme price flunctuation they do.

19. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    WUT. How could you *possibly* hate Castle Crashers?!

20. sdiggbot

sdiggbot Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    Canada
    haha was about to ask the same... how can you love this game but castle crashers?

IMO, Castle Crashers is *THE* game to emulate