Universal SpellTower Classic (by Zach Gage)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by stfj, Nov 17, 2011.

1. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    @Tango @currymutton it's retina enabled :)

2. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Woot! Thanks for the reply. Going to download it now!

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Argh! Price dropped to 99 cents just a couple hours after I bought it.

I am finding this to be a nice word game, but I am not as impressed yet as the general consensus seems to be. WELDER remains as my very favorite IOS word game, but I will give SpellTower plenty more plays and see if it grows on me.

4. aceyprime

aceyprime Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    I picked this up after the sale yesterday and love it. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more than WELDER - I think because it feels more relaxing. I also like the minimal & sharp design of SpellTower as well as the font used - it just appears more cohesive. WELDER felt to me like it was trying to do too much...too many different options for flipping letters and changing their position with limited uses for each. I like the Bookworm-like drag-to-make-words mechanic of SpellTower. The great thing is that there are so many word games on iOS that there's something for everyone - whether you like SpellTower, WELDER, Scrabble or something else. Hooray for choices!

5. h9lz444

h9lz444 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    i love this game. my only complain is my native language is not english and so i cant enjoy the game full. what would you need (is it even possible) to make a german version of your game?

6. ApolloSF

ApolloSF New Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Doesn't rotate upside down

Really enjoying the game.

One bug I noticed was that when the iPad is turned upside down it doesn't rotate.

7. airdan

airdan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Belize
    So did you find out why the app is not available in my appstore?

8. joepau

joepau Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Great game

I have >1000 apps play this one most :) only waiting for THE Dutch version ...

9. King Krak

King Krak Member
    Patreon Indie

Nov 18, 2010
    (mobile) Game Designer
    Sonoma County
    Wow a rarity - a word game that I enjoy playing. Man, that exPuzzle Mode is hard, though.

Kudos to Zach Gage.

10. birkoss

birkoss Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Thank you!

since I bought this game ... my wife took control of my iPad ... I can't use it anymore :)

Really looking foward for a French version!

Just a simple question, sometime when I'm around 5000 points, I can't make simple 3-4 letter words. For example: "axe" is correct at the beginning of a game, but when I'm around that score, I can't use it anymore. None of the 3 letters contains number...they are simple tiles. It is normal ?

11. ktern

ktern Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    You can only use a word once per game, so you probably used it before already.

12. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    I think you can only use a word once per game. It isn't terribly obvious where the message pops up but I think that is what you are running into.

13. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    #93 stfj, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    King Krak: thanks!!
    airdan: agh, I've looked but according to iTunes its available worldwide. I'm gonna PM you a promo code for the game, let me know if it redeems

14. Biarien

Biarien Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wonderful game. I'm really enjoying it so far. :)

My only (minor) request is separating your 'best word' by mode. I was lucky enough to make the word <quizzes> in puzzle mode (1200+ points) on one of my first plays, and now I will essentially never see my best word improve in any mode. It would be nice to have the game over screen show (1) the best word in that game, (2) all-time best word in that mode, (3) all-time best word in any mode.

15. mad4games007

mad4games007 Member

Dec 13, 2011
    I love word games.

16. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    I'm a word nerd, glad I checked the best iOS games november article. purchased.

17. Coachflaps

Coachflaps Active Member

May 6, 2009
    USAF
    FL
    haven't played it on my iPad yet but I have on my iPhone and I enjoy it very much. Great game.

18. stfj

stfj Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Male
    SpellTower 2.1 Releases tonight,

it'll include a lot of performance fixes, especially for iPhone 4's and iPod Touch 4G

More excitingly, I've added one of the most user requested features:
    An end of game word list along with the ability to look up definitions of words in the Apple dictionary!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. joepau

joepau Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Top...

When Will the Dutch version available ???

20. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    What he asked x2!