Feedback from E3 conference (2013)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Connector, Jul 25, 2013.

1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Semi positive reviews? The PS3 version has an 84 metascore.

Anyhow, the entire point of my post was that if you want a competent, engaging racer, iOS is not the best place to look.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Carbon was super easy and lacked a sense of speed, the original MW I loved.

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I have both versions of Most Wanted. The reboot is more or less Burnout Paradise, minus any real sense of reward.

4. BulldogBaby86

BulldogBaby86 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Student
    California
    #24 BulldogBaby86, Jul 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
    There was a lot of disappointment with the PC version. I can't imagine the versions for PS3 and 360 will be that far off from the original. I played through D2 multiple times, but I just couldn't get into D3. I personally wasn't a big fan of the auction house or the overhaul to the skill trees. Your mileage may vary though.

5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I haven't exactly researched it, but I hear the console versions will remove the real money auction house, remove a lot of the junk loot in favour of slightly more frequent good loot, and add an extra move for all characters: tilting the right stick in any direction makes the character perform a dash.

I think it might actually perform well on consoles as a lot of console owners won't have been quite as hyped up about it. It's a decent game, but it could never match the monumental expectations the fans had.

6. BulldogBaby86

BulldogBaby86 Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Student
    California
    Glad to hear that about the auction house. There was so much negative feedback with that, so I'm not really surprised. Maybe I'll give it a second chance with the 360...

7. I know this is going to anger both Midian and Killjoy, but I wasn't impressed with Gran Turismo 6. This picture is from the outside booth, where I got a free tshirt that was nice. They had 4 car arcade machines with Gran Turismo 6 running on PS3s. The game itself didn't impress me all that much. I kept thinking that Real Racing 3 on my ipad wasn't all that far off from this game. But it was fun playing in the car simulator, and the free tshirt for playing, made it even better.

[​IMG]

Gran Turismo 6 inside car

This car seems to be some kind of Corvette.

[​IMG]

8. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm not interested in GT6, but I'm betting you were basing comparisons on looks. The underlying physics model is like comparing an oak tree to an acorn, so if you're into the technical side of driving and car engineering, there's no competition. Plus GT has over 1000 cars, more modes and more features in general. Oh, and there are no wait times or IAP.

9. Yes, I know you sometimes blame me for basing things based on looks and all, and you maybe right, it is more of a car simulator, but man, I had so much more fun playing Asphalt 8, way more. Enough said.

And continuing, the outside...

[​IMG]

I got to go today to the E3 Conference for a little bit.

Official E3 webpage

http://www.e3expo.com/

Right outside E3 was a huge booth with a new Pacman game being promoted. There were alot of custom cars and car display girls. The slogan seemed to be Pac is Back! There was one guy in a Pacman costume running around, and they were giving out sunglasses and had some nice loud music playing as well.

[​IMG]

Here's Pacman! He looks so happy! :)

[​IMG]

Pacman toys, I like the one on the far left. If one had a mouth like that, it would make it easy to eat food really fast!

[​IMG]

The Pacman display girls! Wow, they dressed in nice neon colors and were so bright and cheery!

[​IMG]

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    GT has become a bit sterile, even for a technically racer. But comparing it to RR3 or A6 misses the type of gameplay involved, GT requires you to be good at it and that's where the fun for some people is, shaving off milliseconds, coming up with the right build. Other people don't like that, and that's really all there is to it.

11. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    @Connector: Well yeah, you like short-burst arcade gaming. That's what Asphalt is. GT is something completely different.

12. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    I'm going to ignore your scandalous words and just stare and my GT-R. it's mine. It's my GT-R. My own. My precious..........

This. This this this.

13. Plants vs Zombies 2 is out abroad, this was a game that I was interested in because I used to play it when I first got my iphone. Never did play too much on my ipad, but the game is great fun, and I highly recommend it! The next game, called Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is out, any good all? It should be a really good game!

[​IMG]

One of the Zombies with a traffic construction cone hat

[​IMG]

Titanfall

This robot was really cool looking in real life, much moreso than in this picture cause of the sheer size. The photo doesn't show the size that well. It seemed to be the main centerpiece of people entering into the convention. It was pretty cool, especially the lights on its face.

I got no idea what this game is, can anyone tell me?

[​IMG]

Hansel and Gretel

These would make for great Halloween costumes.

I don't understand this either, what game is this for?

[​IMG]

14. ThreadbareConnor

ThreadbareConnor Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Associate Producer
    Oakland, CA
    Thanks for the Shifts shout out Connector! If you downloaded the game and want to participate/give suggestions for the expansion just post on our thread HERE.
    Thanks,
    Threadbare Games

15. #35 Connector, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
    Outside the convention center. There were a lot of murals up, like one for Batman and Elder Scrolls. In the background, you can see the Ritz Carlton Hotel which is one of the most expensive hotels here in Los Angeles.

[​IMG]

Inside the Lobby of Los Angeles Convention Center

There were quite alot of people that attended the convention.

[​IMG]

Stronghold Kingdoms

This guy was waving his cape around, and giving out $10 online credit to the game. I wonder if this game is any good.

[​IMG]

Dragon Spaceship!

I think this is the spaceship that SpaceX launched before. There were SpaceX booths, and I got a couple of free posters.

[​IMG]

Kind of reminds me of those sailor farewell pictures, but in this case with tanks and women.

[​IMG]

Right next door to our Convention Center is our Sports Arena called the Staples Center. That is where the Los Angeles Lakers, Clippers, and Kings all play. I have been there numerous times, and it is kinda pretty from the outside.

Official website

http://www.staplescenter.com/

Wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Staples_Center

[​IMG]

I am not that familiar with the Game Company Crave, but they had a huge outdoor display that was open to all. They had many girl representatives who were dancing, eager to take pictures, and giving out promotional items such as tshirts and such. Plus they had some kind of raffle too.

[​IMG]

Payday 2 Booth

I got a free mask! Kinda scary looking mask though! Guess maybe I can wear it to a Halloween party.

[​IMG]

16. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Didn't check out Nintendo at all?

17. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    Who?

18. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member