Pocket Army (Official Preview Thread)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, May 24, 2012.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

#1 antony.thai, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
    Update July 16

Gameplay Trailer

Update May 29

[​IMG]

Update May 28

9 classes upgrade system per unit.

Basic -> Bronze -> Silver -> Gold

[​IMG]

Platinum -> Diamond

[​IMG]

Holy -> Galaxy

[​IMG]

Utimate

[​IMG]

We're trying to have as many as possible different type of soldiers in the game (including also archer and magic unit)

-----------------------------------
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pine Entertainment (my own new game studio :p) is proud to annouce Pocket Army, a real-time tactical RPG plus army building gameplay.

Something about Pocket Army in brief.

Question: What kind of game is it?

Answer: First, we hope those screenshots above are worth thousand words. Pocket Army is hard to compare with any other games, however it combines elements from tactical RPG, RTS & Turn Based Strategy with super deep in content includes long story mode, many soldiers types with the possibly upgrade-able and transformable after each upgrade, social feature build-in with the ability to ask your friend to be your soldier, challenging your friend army. During the battle, you take the control of your hero, leading the army, crushing the darkness side.

Question: How do the controls work?

Answer: Tapping Left/Right side of the Hero to move, tapping the skill symbol to perform magic. It's quick, simple and very easy to familiar with.

Question: Can I build my army?

Answer: Not like other games when you only need to buy and place your soldier in the battle. Pocket Army offers you the ability to build the whole army in a tactical way. Be the general, train, upgrade and arrage your army carefully before putting them into the battle is what you find in Pocket Army, and only this game.

Question: Can I build my hero?

Answer: Sure you can, there's armor, shield, weapon & orb to unlock/buy/equip, and there's ton of items for you to collect during the game.

Question: What I can do to build my army beside the hero and soldier?

Answer: In fact, we have also have ... pet. :D

Question: Can my device have it?

Answer: This will be for iPod Gen 3 or later, iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4/4s and all iPads.

Question: Does it have a release date? Price?

Answer: We're hoping for somewhere in June, but we surely won't rush if it's not truely done. It's priced as free.

Question: Need beta testers?

Answer: Yes, we would love to have your help. Great effort will be reward by naming in the game credit or itune gift card. Please follow us in Facebook to keep update with Pocket Army News and Beta Testing Time.

https://www.facebook.com/PocketArmy

2. antony.thai

Beside the Pocket Army page on FB, you can leave your comment here or PM to get your place in the beta release.

Antony

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Welcome back, Antony! Nice to see you working on a great-looking new game; this appears to have a real depth of play that many similar iOS titles lack, and I like the artwork and graphics in the screenshots. The combination of simple controls and deep gameplay should be a great combination, and I'm looking forward to seeing video when you have that available. :)

4. antony.thai

I really missed TA and friends a lot, it's really good with me now that I can return and do great stuff again for mobile gaming. A gameplay video is not coming soon as we're still working on the battle mechanic, we want the great looking and feeling of the 2 armies in a battle, but I will make it as soon as I can. For now, I would like to give our working progress and ask for your feedback on them, it helps us to have a proper improvement before the video.

Antony

5. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Looks really solid so far. You should make sure that you add a huge Story to it. Spent enough time on the Background of each Main character and don`t hesitate to show the first rough Build in a Video to the World if you Consider to use Platforms like Kickstarter or IndieGoGo.

6. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    The first screen looks racially motivated. Too bad, I just don't like those type of undertones when I'm playing a game, I might be jumping the gun here....but hey I'm just be being me, and ME feels very uncomfortable with first screen.

Kingdom Rush is coming out June, so who cares about this anyways.

7. antony.thai

Thank you a lot Sanuku!

We don't intend to use Kickstarter or IndiaGoGo since we can fund this project ourselves. But not because of that we could have a short story or a bad character, everything will be awesome in the beta release. (I may want to ask for your help on how to make a good gameplay video since the only way I know now is using a camera to record an iPhone screen.. :()

8. antony.thai

I'm sorry but can you explain me more about ... "undertones" stuff, I think that I'm not really get it.

Also, Kingdom Rush is a great tower defense game, which I'm a fan too. Butt you can trust me, there's nothing like Kingdom Rush in Pocket Army (Pocket Army is an Castle Attack, not Castle Defense) and this won't stop anyone who loves Kingdom Rush from loving Pocket Army as well. :)

9. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Sorry due to your obliviousness to my concern, I think I might have misjudged your intentions, and for that I am once again sorry.

Looks like an interesting title, do you have any video of the game play??

Also can I control the characters attacking actions like a regular hack n slash?

10. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

Hey Antony, welcome back to the forums :) I'm liking the art style of your new game and it sounds like an interesting mix between simple yet deep/strategic gameplay. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one.

11. antony.thai

I'm trying to put my fingers on the video making soon.

@Everyone: Does anyone in the forum love Fire Emblem? I actually love the upgrade system of FE character a lot. And I want to bring them to Pocket Army. Can anyone tell me what do you think about this idea?

Antony

12. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Hello everyone.

I'm a member of Pine Entertainment, and I will answer your question about this game. Hope that you will take feedback of game to me in Facebook or in this thread, I will answer your question as soon as possible. :)

Thanks and regards, my friends.
    Andre.

13. antony.thai

Thank Andre, it would be great to have your help here.

@Everyone: Does anyone in the forum love Fire Emblem? I actually love the upgrade system of FE character a lot. And I want to bring them to Pocket Army. Can anyone tell me what do you think about this idea? Please help us to decide on this. :p

14. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    would love to help with beta-testing!

Liked your facebook page for the game, will definately want to beta test the game!

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @Skeletonlord: Thanks for your passion for this game. Hope that you will like our game when it releases. :)

16. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Pocket Army looks awesome! Definitely excited to beta test this game! I love RPG's so looking forward to this!

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @Jdragoon: Hi Guys! Thanks so much for the comments and feedback. Our dev team is making great progress with Pocket Army, and we are excited to show off more of the game in the coming weeks. Please follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PocketArmy for all the latest updates, and please help us to spread the word on Pocket Army by sharing with your friends. THANKS!!

18. do.ginha

do.ginha Member

Apr 8, 2012
    Pine Entetainment
    Game looks great, what date this game release? I will get this one.

19. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @do.ginha: Hope that it is released in June, but we surely won't rush if it's not truely done.:)

20. antony.thai

We decided to have 9 classes to upgrade per unit, every upgrade will transform the unit to a new form, and it must looks cooler then the old one.

We will update some working art of the clubmen, love to hear your feedback on that.

Antony